Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Acupunture

Hi Just wondering who important you think it is to have acupunture been for a consultation and it's very expensive but willing to pay if it is worth it what do you think?

Replies

• I love it - I'm a total convert. I don't think it's "important" but it's fab. I got preg the first month I had it - although it didn't work out because the baby was ectopic and we haven't started trying again yet - but I love it. It's really relaxing and sorts out any problems with my cycles etc.

I had it post op and healed so quickly and my cycles picked up again really quickly.

HTH

Rach x
  • Wow thats great news Rach (the preg NOT EP)!!

Where / how do you get a recommendations for a fertility related accu??

Is there a site where i could search? Rec through my Cons??

There is an accu in our local shopping centre - don't want to waste my money on a cowboy!! lol.. x
  • Hey,

I'm in London so I go to a lady who works for Zita west clinic who I love - she's fab and I get on with her quite well.

You're best to find someone who is registered with the Bristish Accupunture Council www.acupuncture.org.uk/ as they have to have a certain amount of training etc and it guarentees a standard and somewhere to go if things go wrong. There's a list to search on the site. It's important to make sure they have BAC accreditation as anyone can set themselves up as an accupunturist.

I am always amazed by the effect of it but nothing is guarenteed. After my ec she gave me a treatment to clear out my uterus and get everything going - she said I might get some extra bleeding and cramps - but that would be a good thing as it's clearing out after the preg. Anyway within an hour of getting home I was passing massive clots and had really bad cramps. And my next period came exactly 30 days after my post op bleed and they say it usually takes 6 weeks! It could be a coincidence but I've found it very effective.

She even says she can make my right ovary win the ovulation race every month (as I don't have a left tube any more) athough I'll believe that when I see it!

It's also deeply relaxing - I often fall asleep during my treatments!

I'm just hoping it works so quickly again - here's hoping!!

Rach x