Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Yay! Feel like we are getting somewhere!

Hi girls,
Just got back from the hospital after first appointment at the fertillity clinic. Feel much better now as she is giving me metformin for 3 months and then will move onto clomid if not pregnant in that time.. She has also explained to me that no matter how few calories I eat (about 1000 a day at the moment!) I won't be able to lose any weight (weight gain due to PCOS) unless I do hard cardiovascular exercise! Therefore going to join the gym this weekend and start metformin next week! Will keep you updated!

WBAM

Replies

• Hi WBAM

That is great news! I know exactly how you are feeling right now, when i got my clomid i felt so happy and like i had a massive weight lifted off my shoulders. It gave me so much PMA & hope for a few months. Sadly i didn't OV until round 3, nothing round 4, but OV'd round 5 (currently on 2ww). So it's weird how my results all over the place. But nevertheless, i really hope you get your BFP as it works for so many others.

Good on you for joining the gym. I need to get my butt into action too, but i don't have the energy - which i blame the clomid for, haha.

Best wishes hun!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Pleased it went so well for you. Hope the metformin helps.
    H.xxx