Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some TLC ladies, CD1 :cry:

Hello ladies,

I hope you are all well. Bit if a pointless post really but need a rant, AF has just come a couple of days later than I was expecting, so of course I convinced myself we had done it (like I do every time!!). I just feel so angry and upset, like it will never happen and I hate my stupid body for not working properly!! I know I will feel better again in a couple of days, but CD1 is always so hard isn't it?! :cry:

So now on with sperm results (hopefully soon) and refferal to the FS. With my long cycles I just don't think it will happen without help. Man I am getting fed up with all of this!!!!!!

Sorry for such a negative post!!!

Replies

• Hi Magpie
    I dont post much on here but reading your post was like something i could have written myself. I know exactly how you feel, we are onto month 14 of trying, not long compared to some on here I know but it still doesn't make it any easier when the witch comes. I hope all your tests come back with good news for you. We are awaiting hubbie's SA results and I have my 21 bloods on monday. This sounds really daft but I never thought I would feel glad to be going for a blood test, but in a way it feels like we are making progress to be having investigations, do u feel the same?
    How long have you been trying?
    Wishing you lots of luck hun XXX
  • Thankyou for the reply TigerBoo. We have been trying nearly 13 months now, so just behind you. I have only had 6 cycles in that time though, as I have PCOS.

I really hope your test results come back with positive news too, hopefully you and your hubby will both be fine and it will just be a matter of time for you. I feel exactly the same re going for blood tests etc, just really glad to have something to focus on and to be making some kind of progress! My first doctor wanted us to try for 2 years before getting any help, even though he knew I had PCOS, I would have actually gone bananas!!

I think I always find it harder when I know we BD at the right time, as then I think something else must be wrong!! I think its harder as time passes to think it will ever happen.

Please keep me updated on your test results, loads of luck for them and for your BFP X
  • Bloody witch! I'm sorry Magpie. I give myself the same talk every cycle, that this time I'm going to take it easy and not think about ttc, but it never seems to happen. Frustratingly, the only cycle I managed to do that (over a yr ago) was the one time we conceived. I wish I could do that again!!

Having investigations does help, I am actually hoping that af comes soon this cycle, as I can book my HSG and day 2 bloods. So thats encouraging. We're all at about the same stage in investigations, then?

I'm still a bit confused at to why I have not had 21 day bloods. They think I have PCO, poss PCOS???

Lets hope we all get some answers in a few months. Baby dust to all xxxx
  • OMG magpie 2 years to wait is ridiculous! I dont know where these docs get these random timescales from - when we first went to GP she said they normally tell people to try for 18 months and then start tests but cos I had gone with a list of all my cycles and LH surge dates (like the list geek that I am lol!) she said she would start them straight away. I think I would have gone mental if she'd sent us away!

windymiller - it maybe worth asking them for the 21 day bloods. Can I ask what the day 2 test if for? Is it the same as the day 1 test? I had blood done on day 1 but I assume that is so they have a base line progesterone for my 21 day bloods.

Good luck to both of you, will keep you updated
    XXX
  • ((((((((hugs)))))))) hun, sorry she got you, she did me too! currently CD5, hopefully you'll feel more positive after your app, i know i did! xx
  • Tigerboo, my blood form says day 2 (to 4) boods are for FSH. As far as I know (from my a-level biology!) thats follicle stimulating hormone. I suppose they are trying to establish if I am producing sufficient FSH and LH to stimulate ovulation as they suspect PCOS. The day 8 bloods I had (I think) were oestrogen and LH. Also had rubella etc in those.

I suppose if they think the cause is pcos, my problem is with ovulating. I might ask at next appt, thanks Tigerboo x

Any news on appt's results for antone else?
  • *hugs* magpie!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel - cd1 for me today:cry:

Plus am on a diet so not a happy bunny......poor hubby xxxx
  • Thanks for all the replies and hugs ladies, you are all lovely!! I am still feeling a bit fed up today, especially as I have been having the worst AF pains EVER, but sure my PMA will return soon.

WindyMiller, I only had day 2 bloods too, and it was those with the scan results that diagnosed my PCOS. So maybe once they have found out if you have it or not, then they will do day 21 bloods to see if you ovulate. Do you have regular cycles? I don't so I assume that is why day 21 bloods would be a bit pointless for me!! I have just had a blood test to check my thyroid function too. It does seem that there are a few of us at the same stage so its good that we can support each other!

TigerBoo, I am glad your list helped you get the tests started quicker!! :lol: I know I couldn't believe it when he said 2 years, I can never believe how different people's treatment is depending on where they live or what doc they go to!!

I am really sorry she got you too Rocky Kiz, and glad you felt more positive after your appointment. What was the outcome, are you getting any help?

Sorry you are feeling down and are on CD1 jonzemonkey. I am on a diet too, and know exactly what you mean as I have done nothing but shout at my hubby and pick fights with him all weekend!!! I am lucky he is so patient and easy going!! How is your diet going?

Love and babydust X

• Magpie - sorry the witch got you image

At least you are getting closer to getting all the tests in place so FS can get a full picture. Are you hoping for clomid or metformin?

I am totally confused as I seem to be ovulating even though I have PCOS so not sure what consultant will do for me! I am still hoping for metformin at least to regulate hormones. I am lucky that I have a regular cycle but metformin can do wonders for cycle length, it might be enough for you?

When is you next appointment? xxx
  • Hi Baby Vivvy,

I have just replied to your post, and then your reply to mine popped up! :lol:

I have already been on metformin since May, as the doctor prescribed it for me at the same time as I was diagnosed. It has shortened my cycles a bit so far, from over 80 days to 54 days, 33 days, and then 48 days! So still not ideal but an improvement. And it is helping me lose weight, as I have a couple of stone to lose. So really I am hoping for clomid, as like you I am sure I am ovulating but I just need to do it more frequently!!

That is really great that you have regular cycles, I think that is half the battle won when it comes to PCOS!! But you are right it makes it a bit less clear what you treatment might be! I suppose at least you can make sure there are no other problems like sperm issues or tube problems, and then depending on your blood results metformin or clomid might still be useful for you. And there is still lots of hope for a nice natural BFP too! X
  • Jonze, Magpie, it's CD1 for me today and I'm gutted, too. I have cried on and off all day. Will feel much better in the morning and soldier on as usual.
  • Ah so sorry to hear that Bubblicious. Its rubbish isnt it? I always spend CD1 crying too. I just hate the beginning of a cycle, it always feels such a long time away from anything positive. I hope you feel better after a couple of days X

Well I am on CD4 now and starting to pick myself up, PMA is starting to return and I have got myself some soy which I started to take yesterday CD 3 - 7, as I have read they can help PCOS ladies with ovulation, so we shall see!!
  • Hi girls sorry to all of u who have been got by the witch I am not on cd1 today but having a down day and a cry (normally reserved for cd1 only lol!) It's just so rubbish having to wait isn't it? XXX
  • Oh TigerBoo I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so down today. I know exactly how you feel, I have days like that all the time. It is just so frustrating and you wonder why it has to be you with problems when so many other ladies get pregnant so easily.

I always let myself have a bit of a wallow (as surely we are entitled to I reckon?!), and then try and pick myself back up. Easier said than done sometimes I know. But we will all get there, and when we do it will be so special and wonderful because of what we have been through.

I hope you feel more positive soon, and remember you are not alone and we are all here for you whenever you feel down as we all completely understand! X
  • Hi girls, just to let you know the results of my day 1 bloods all came back with normal levels just hoping the day 21 ones come back the same. I had the 21 day with the doc rather than the nurse and he has made a right old mess of my arm. I knew he probably wouldn't be as good as the nurse but i wanted to see him to i could bend his ear - I guess that serves me right haha!

Hope you are all ok XXX