Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Had HSG on friday

I had my HSG on friday and personally i found it horrible.
Many women say that its just like a smear and just uncomforable but it really hurt me.

First they ask you to get changed into a gown and lay on your side on the bed. Then they insert a speclum into your vaginal and clean inside, that felt strange. Then the doctor inserted a tube and then a catheter into my cervix, again this was ok. Then they inflate a baloon in your womb, this really hurt, my stomach was cramping, and then they started injecting the dye again this was really painful.
Then they move a x ray device over my abdo and started taking pictures.

The doctor said one tube is all ok and he thinks the other is but he cant be 100% because they couldnt put any more dye in due to the pain. The nurse told me though that when the dr thinks, he knows. So thats good!

This was just my experience, for loads of women it fine. PLease dont anyone worry because of this if you've got to have one xxx

[Modified by: jess1801 on 26 March 2009 20:45:33 ]

Replies

• Hi Jess

How are you feeling after your HSG? I'm having mine on Wednesday at 2.30pm, and i'm starting to get nervous. Just want it to be over. Had so many people tell me how uncomfortable it is.

Did you feel ok after your HSG? Just I move house on Wednesday too and so many people have said that I will be in a lot of pain, where you?

xx
  • I was so nervous! I had stomach cramps for the rest of the afternoon but then i felt ok. Alot of people says it fine. Maybe it hurt me more coz i was so nervous. I hope you get on ok xxx
  • I would try and take it easy after you HSG, theres not way i could have gone to work, i was really tired aswell because of the antibotics.