Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel so low

Well ladies, I am now on month 4 of taking 50mg Clomid. This was going to be my wonder drug and we would get pregnant the first month we took it. Well that was not meant to be :\?

What am I doing wrong? Why are we unable to conceive? Yes, I am overweight and I have started on my journey to losing weight but does this really affect fertility!? Admittedly I was 2 stone lighter when we had our ectopic 2 years ago, but our consultant has not mentioned anything about losing weight etc, just have plenty of sex.

I don't know how long I can keep this up, all our siblings have children and I feel like we are the odd ones out and the ones who should have this the most, as it is what we have both wanted for years.

Sorry for rant, justs needed to get off my chest!

Sarah

Replies

• Sorry you feel low, Sarah. It's easy to say, but try to keep positive. You WILL get there in the end.

I believe that being overweight can have quite a big impact on fertility, particularly if you have sub fertility in the first place. I'm struggling with the idea of losing weight too - I would not consider myself 'fat' but it certainly wouldn't harm me to lose a stone and a half or two!!

Rant all you want!

PS - know what you mean about siblings - I have two sisters who have three kids between them and a sister in law who has two kids. Between them, the maximum time it took was three months. We're now on month 23!!! Grrrrr!!

xx

• Hi MrsHopeful,

Thanks for your reply. I just felt that being on Clomid something positive would happen. I know I need to keep thinking positive and not get so down about it and I do try and look on the bright side that we are involved in looking after nieces and nephews which is nice, but it would be nice to have children of our own.

I know we will get there, even bought a Wii and Fit board to help on my road to weight loss!

Think PMA, think PMA

Thanks
    Sarah
  • Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish at the moment.
    I do understand how you feel. We should get clomid on may 6th and me and hubby was discussing this last night. I'm so frightened that it wont work. Evertone says its the wonder drug but what happens if it doesnt work. I dont know where to go after then. I'm in the same situation as you. I'm overweight and worry that this has a massive impact on not being able to conceive. However some people say that that being overweight is one reason why you may not ovulate, so by being put on clomid, everything is then in working order, so in theory being overweight shouldnt make a difference. My consultant hasnt mentioned anything about losing weight to me either, so maybe they believe its not a problem. I think we've just got to try and stay positive.
    xxxx
  • Hi Jess1801

Thanks for your message. The thing is I do ovulate, so am not really sure what they wanted to achieve by me being on it.

I have another follow-up appt in May, so will find out where we go from here!

Sings "PMA, PMA, PMA"

xx
  • Well good luck for your appt in may!

I'm singing PMA PMA PMA lol xxx
  • Hello Mrs Ward sorry you are feeleing so low at the moment totally understandable so sending you allof my PMA tonight as think you should have it xxx

Re: weight I know from other girls posting it is an issue, however, if it was enough to cause problems surely your consultant would have b=made you loose the weight first as I have seen on here a feww times that some girls aren;t allowed to start their treatment until they loose the weight??

If you dont mind me asking and sorry if you've already stated in the past is there any issues on your OH's part too?

Also I know you prob have read this and I do hate figures being quoted to me!!! LOL but now that you have clomid you are classed as a 'normal' fertile person and only 50% get pregnant within 6 months so please do not try to loose too much hope, when did cycle 4 start???

Good luck xxxx
  • Hi Sarah,
    ooooh, I read yours and thought it could have been me! I'm on month 3 of Clomid and beginning to worry. I hear people getting pregnant after one or 2 attempts, and how wonderful Clomid is, but what if it doesn't work? Absolutely with you.
    However, we just keep going, and we'll eat our words when we get a nice BFP and we're on Clomid!
    xx
  • Hi Moonbeam and warrenaj

Thanks for your messages,

OH is fine he is in fine working order! I am sure it will happen, when we least expect it.

Re; the weight, I was told as long as bmi at 30, no need to worry, I still want to lose something as it would make me feel better, plus if we did get pregnant I know I would put weight on and perhaps it would be harder to shift.

I have a scan on Friday and hopefully my follicles will be doing what they should - fingers crossed.

Sarah
    x