Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

SA Question

Hi Girlies
I wonder if you can help me please?.....

I think i have been really lucky so far, and been to the Drs as Hubby and I have been trying since August 2009 - however, my cycles is all over the place - between 28 - 47 days (I realise Its not alot compared som some people on here).

Anyway, I have had one load of bloods on day 21 - showed no ovulation, and have my next ones booked for a few weeks (along with loads of others!). Dr said to do all of them so they can refer us to the fertility clinic.

Hubby has his first SA on Friday.... just wondering how long he needs 'rest' before he is required to take the sample up (oh gosh... really didnt know how else to phrase that lol!!).

anythoughts would be really welcomed

cheers
xxxxxxx

Looks like I may be joining the reffered to a fertility clinc thread soon image

Replies

• Hi there

Welcome to the forum hon.

I liked your phrasing of your question. It is best to rest for 2-3 days before he does his sample.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you?

V xx
  • Hi Ladybird73 - thank you for your help and reply image
    I am 26 and hubby is 30.
    Best wishes
    xx
  • Hi Disney princess,

We had our 1st app at the fertility clinic yesterday and a SA was organised for him. Our leaflet said he had to "rest" for 4-5 days. There will be a leaflet explaining all!

Also, our gp sent me for 2nd day bloods and referred hubs for SA. Hospital said wouldn't accept these results as they have to do their own tests in their own lab. Wish I'd known that beforehand!

x x
  • Hi Mafia Princess - thank you for your reply. It has been really helpful. Tee hee - I have let hubby 'rest' but its like being told there is wet paint!!!!
    I think from reading posts everywhere is completely different. My doc has said we need bloods done (I need loads done, for example testosterone, HIV, Chlamydia, LFT, rubella and a load of others that i cannot remember) before the they will even see us. Hubby needs his SA done also before we can be reffered. It is all very confusing. Guess the fertility clinic will want to do them again - but i suppose its all helpful info!
    Your appt sounds like a nighmare (read your other post) but at least things are moving for you.
    xx
  • I know, it's weird how things differ so much from area to area. I had no idea what to expect as some people fill in forms and others have internals!

I asked about all the other tests and they said they don't do until later if needed. I would have thought it would be easier to do them all at once.

The leaflet for SA we got was very specific! Has to be done by materbation only, can't use lubrication, did you get all of it in th epot, if you missed was it the first half or 2nd!! We had a chuckle at it!

We had to rearrange test due to the long "rest" period as I ov 3 days before and not wasting it in the pot!x x
  • tee hee - that does sound hilarious!

• Hi Girlies
    Sorry I have another question!
    How long and when do you get the results from the tests - gosh this really is bringing out the inner control freak in me!!
    Thanks