Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dianette????

hiya has anyone had successful withdrawal from dianette?

Replies

• Options
    sorry no experience of this - did you try the TTC forum?
  • Options
    yes thanks will try everything lol
  • Options
    Hiya
    I was on diannette, came off it in July 07, and still waiting for my bfp. It took 42 days for my first proper period to come, then was completely regular. What would you like to know?
  • Options
    hiya thankyou for the responce, nearly 2 wks off it now, did you feel depressed at all when coming off and how did your skin react to hormone change?
    lau xx
  • Options
    Hiya
    Don't want to put you off, but yes lots of changes as the pill comes out of your body. Greasy hair, spotty jaw line (and never got spots previously) - one of the benefits of Dianette I presume. Did not put on any weight though. Mood swings - not that I can recall. Are you waiting 3 months before ttc, or at least until you get your first proper AF? I thought mine was never going to come, but 42 days later it arrived, then switched to regular 28-30 days one month, then 26 days the next. My AF is much lighter now, compared to being on Dianette which is fab. Good luck
  • Options
    hiya thankyou for replying, can i ask why did they put you on dianette and how long were you on it for? yes will wait 3 mths before trying to concieve and hopefully by then i'l have my normal af back.
    lau xxx
  • Options
    Hiya
    I was on pill from the age of 18 till about 32 - started off on light one - Femodene, then progressed to Microgynon / Yasemin - then headaches kicked in, and I got a bit of dermitisis on my face (or maybe a bit of stubble rash from partner - will never know the truth) - anyway, was switched to Dianette - and the headaches stopped, rash healed and never looked back - skin was really good! Drs did try and keep taking me off, so went back onto other pills, but always seemed to return to Dianette as just suited me. Then came off the pill completely July 07, when we starting ttc from Sept 07 - no joy yet though image
    x