Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CBFM Query

Hello All

OK first month using this had 1 bar then 2 bars for a few days until this morning which came up with three bars and a wee egg symbol si am assuming I am about to ovulate and really excited as have never had a positive ov test before. Checked the wee stick from yesterday and the wee lines are opposite so it has deffo worked.

What I wanted to know: does the egg symbol mean my levels have risen and I will ov in next day or so or does htis mean i am oving today??? Bd'd last night any way, my hub was looking at that post that tink, angel and bambino have as they are on same day and of coursed highlighted the importance of doggy!!!! TMI but I agreed accordingly!!!

Also I have to go for 21 bloods next week so what day should I go, do I wait until the CBFM stops showing peaks and take it that I ov'd the day before this stops and caount 7 days from this???

Sorry and thanks very much. I can't find the post that I did last night where some one is on teh same day as me, has a wee glowworm as her pic so this shoul dbe helpful to her too xxxx

Replies

• Options
    you'll probably ov in the next day or so, i'd bd today and tomorrow. when i got the egg on my cbfm i got the peak for 2 days then got a high again for 1 day then it went back to a low reading

i'd count day 21 as the 21st day of your cycle. i wouldn't judge day 21 by your cbfm.

good luck
  • Options
    thanks very much as chance would have it we bd'd last night and then there now (sorry I'm post coital posting LOL) so will get another go in tomorrow morning and tomorrow night hopefully that should cover us shouldn't it.

Thanks for your advice I'm assuming as I am now on day 12 then my ov day would be on day 14.

Thanks again x
  • Options
    Hi Moonbeam,

I would take 7 days from now and go and get your bloods done. The reason I say this is because the first day of me getting my eggy symbol is normally the day I ovulate - the machine will automatically give you another egg and then a high even if you do or don't test. I always start AF on the 15th day after my peak, e.g. this month i got my first peak on CD21 so I expect to start on CD36 - which will also be CD1! Giving me a 35 day cycle. In the past i have had the following

First Egg CD27 AF started CD42 - 41day cycle
    First Egg CD20 AF started CD35 - 34 day cycle
    First Egg CD24 AF started CD39 - 38 day cycle

It'll be easier next month when you know what its telling you but i would always say BD like mad just before and during your first egg as its better to have the spermies in place before you ovulate so they can lie in wait!!!

Hope that Helps
    Em
    xx
  • Options
    cheers for tha em we bd'd yes and day before, I wanted another go yesterday but OH was wrecked and advised i'd had my dose!!!! LOL I think you are right re 2nd day it came up 3 bars again to day, I did look at the actual stick which also shows the ov line darker than the text line but it wasn't as dark as yesterday so think yes was the surge and have ovd today, cant tell if I have any ewcm coz of the bd'ing!!!!! LOL here we go for 2ww again although I am happier using the CBFM as I can pinpoint days were it used to be I was frantic for a week just in case I ov'd early or late!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info about when exactly OV takes place - I had exactly the same question and it had already been answered (isn't BabyExpert wonderful like that). I had my 3 bars on my CBFM on Sunday so we're in the 2ww together ... the trick is to not go insane in the meantime! x
  • Options
    Good luck for you 2 ww!!!!! Its terrible isn't it i'm going to try not to symptom spot this time!!