Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF outcome

Hi girls,
Some of you will have read my post 2 weeks ago, disappointed that our embryos were not very good. We had 8 eggs, 5 fertilised, and of those, 3 were useless, and the remaining 2 were only 4 cells at day 3. 1 was grade 2 and the other was grade 3. We put the both back but were devastated that the odds were against us.
My hcg blood test was due on the 22nd of May, but as I had 2 tests at home, I did 1 at 10 days post egg-collection which was negative as expected. So we focused on trying to get a date to try again. I did the 2nd test 2 days later and we thought there was the faintest of lines. I bought more, and a few more showed faint lines. Didn't sleep properly all week, and on the test day (14 days post egg-collection), a CBD was positive - 1-2 weeks! Went for blood test and the clinic are happy with my hcg of 56!!!
Trying so hard not to get excited, as we had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in December, but we are praying that this is our turn.

Thanks for all your replies over the last few weeks,

JCB xxx

Replies

• Oooooooooooh JBC!! What fantastic news!! I am THRILLED for you. Well done. How very, very exciting. Congratulations.

xx
  • Hi JCB - I am OVER THE MOON for you!! What fantastic news. I have been thinking about you over these last couple of weeks and you have made my weekend. Good luck and I am wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months.

******Throws a JCB bucket load full of sticky babydust****** Have a roll in that hun!

xxx
  • Thanks for your kind replies. We are going to have a long few weeks ahead of us but hoping everything goes our way.

JCB x
  • Yay that's fantastic news!!! I am so happy for you and OH.

Try to relax I'm sure everything will be fine........................you've done it....YES LETS PARTY!!! XX
  • Thats brilliant news!! Congratulations!!
    H.xxx
  • OMG that is amazing JCB. Oh i bet you can hardly contain yourself. Take care and wishing you lots of sticky baby dust over the coming wks, im praying your bean grows strong and healthy and you have a full happy pregnancy xx
  • OH JCB so sorry I missed all this congratulations my love I really really hope this is it for you, well done and enjoy it XXXXXXXXXXXXXX BIG BIG KISSES TO YOU MWAH MWAH
  • That is such fab news, my cousin had the same with attempts at IVF, but like you is now 23 weeks PG.

Good luck xx
  • YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!! Oh JCB I am so thrilled and excited for you - I had a wee tear in my eye when I saw your post this morning. I have followed your story and honestly I am delighted for you. Sending you very best wishes for a happy, healthy and very much deserved pregnancy. xxx
  • Thank you!

JCB x
  • Oh wow congratulations so happy for you both hope you have a happy healthy 9 months x
  • Huge congratulations have a fantastic 9 months you truely deserve this.

xxxxxxxx
  • Congrats JCB!! What a lovely little sticky bean you have! Sending starry sparkly sticky babydust your way, so excited for you! Absolutely brilliantly news!
    xxxx
  • BRILLIANT brilliant brilliant. Thats fantastic fingers crossed hone
  • Oh JCB, that's the best news I've heard in ages! After what looked like such bad news you must be just thrilled!! Lots and lots of luck for a wonderful 9 months.

xxx
  • OMG thats fantastic, i'm so pleased for you!! xxxx
  • Thanks girls, I really appreciate your lovely comments, and support over the last few weeks.

JCB x