Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

IVF Referal???

Hi Ladies

I phoned the hospital today to chase up my referal, spoke to the secretary who said the letter was typed on 11th November and would have been sent the following week

She then said a copy goes to the Chiltern (our chosen clinic) and another to Southampton PCT who have to agree to the funding (we get 1 free cycle). No one mentioned this to me at our appointment is this the norm?? Sorry if I sound stupid but didn't realise this would be the case???

Anyway I phoned the Chiltern and they said they haven't received a copy of the letter!!!!

What should I do now? Should I phone Southampton PCT and chase it up?

Thanks for any advice xxx

Replies

• Options
    Mrs Baby No 1 - when I called Stoke last week that is exactly what they said to me. Apparently a copy of the letter goes to Southampton who have to agree the funding and at the same time a copy goes to your chosen clinic. The letter doesn't go to one at a time, rather both at the same time. Southampton is purely for financial and admin reasons. It sounds like Chiltern haven't received your referral so I would call them, ask them if they accept a fax (and get the number!) and then call Stoke again and ask them to fax it immediately. Oxford told me they would accept a fax so I would think that Chiltern would too.

I am so glad that you called Stoke - I don't trust them and at least you can get this sorted now before Xmas.

Hope tomorrow brings some good news.

Good luck hun.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mrs Hopeful

Thanks for replying I can always rely on you to offer great advice image

Seems I was worrying for nothing.... I got home from work today to find a letter from the Chiltern, we have our first appointment on 13th January!!! Not sure why the Chiltern said they hadn't received it but who cares now ha ha.

I am so excited, lets hope 2010 brings us our BFP's xxxxx
  • Options
    Hey MrsB, so pleased it's sorted now! So annoying we have to deal with this kind of c**p on top of the emotional stresses and strains of LTTTC. That's not too far off at all to wait though, will fly by with xmas and ny......so exciting for you. Fingers crossed this is it for you xx
  • Options
    oh thats great news honey!
    its such a pain when admin goes against you!
    We missed the december cut off by 1 day, as our doc didn't sign the letter! but we now have our first appointment through for the 20th Jan, so looks like we might be cycle buddies! lol!
    Keep us posted with how you get on!!
  • Options
    Great news!! Really happy for you. You may have seen my post - I have my appointment fro 30th December. Looks like we will be going through this together and Danipink too plus some others. Might do another post to get the full list of people so we can stay in touch.

Hope you have a lovely Xmas and New Year. It's only a few days away really!!!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, can't wait to get started now and it looks like I will have some cycle buddies along the way which will be lovely image

Mrs Hopeful...good luck with your appointment, hope it all goes well

Tinybabydancer....huge congratulations again hun, it's wonderful news xx

Danipink...good luck with your appointment aswell, I will keep in touch

xxxx