Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

3 days to go,,,,

until our first fertility appt at the hospital!!
I can't believe it's finally around the corner after a marathon wait. I am praying that we get SOME help after such a long time and so that I feel bit more upbeat for Xmas.
Any first appt tips?
xxx

Replies

• No tips, just wanted to say good luck! Hope it goes well.
    H.xxx
  • No tips lovely but just wanted to wish you luck xx
  • Hey MrsDao, so pleased you have your appt soon. It feels like a step towards a BFP! My tips are to not expect too much from your first appt (sorry don't mean that to sound negative). It does vary but in many cases it is just a lot of information gat5hering and ordering tests if you haven't already had them. If you have already had blood tests, sperm analysis, HSG and so on they will probably go through the results of those, but I hadn't had them before my first appt. Some people have an internal examination, but I didn't. I'd go armed with all dates of when you started TTC, any relevant history reimageg and m/c (seem to rem you had one a while back and they will ask about this), any test results you have. Also, childhood medical history (particularly for hubbie re mumps, knocks to testicles, ops etc). I had hoped for more at my first appt, but it was the first step so try to see it that way. I then had to go away, get all the tests done, and go back in 2-3 months time. Hope it goes well xx
  • Good luck for tomorrow Mrs Dao! Please let us know how it goes.
    GG xx
  • Good Luck!!! I know after my appointment i felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and getting the help we needed!!!

My 1st appointment was a chat with an internal scan, wasn't pleasant but i am putting it down to the cow of a consultant i had. I had another internal scan this morning from a lovely nurse and it was uncomfortable, but nothing like the first time. I also had bloods on my 1st appointment and hubby was organised for a SA.

Once they get the ball rolling you will be on your way to knowing what's what for you. It is a long process, but worth getting help!

Good luck, and i hope you get the answers you want.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx