Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused....

Morning everyone

I just don't know whats going on... AF was due Thursday - a week before had sore (.) (.) - not as bad as usual however, have a chinful of spots - which is also usual but she never turned up. Usually have a 29 day cycle - I used all my self reservation and didn't test until this morning is was a BFN.... Now I just don't know where I stand, i have a BN and no AF???? :\? I don't think I have any other symptoms of being pregnant apart from slightly more veiny boobs (i think!) than usual and a heightened sense of smell - but that could be my mind playing tricks on me! I'm certain I ovulated at the right time as I had a lot of stretchy CM (TMI-sorry!) so I don't understand why she hasn't appeared. Next appointment at fertility clinic in early OCt so I'm praying the test was wrong as I dread going down the IUI route. ARGH!!!!

Any advice appreciated, thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Chickadee

Sorry you are stuck in limbo like this. I really hope it's a shy BFP.... But if not, and your next step is IUI, then please don't worry about it too much.

I am on my first cycle of IUI (in the 2ww, 9dpo) and it honestly wasn't that bad. I wrote an account of all the scans etc over on the assisted fertility board. It is no one's dream method of creating a baby, but it was only a bit uncomfortable at times rather than painful.

But if you don't feel ready to start, then tell your clinic you want to delay the start of treatment for a month (or whatever). It's your body, and you decide what treatment you go through with.

Best of luck. Fingers crossed you have done it this month.
  • Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Try again in a couple of days - you might just not have enough hcg to show up yet! Fingers crossed...
  • Options
    Thanks MrsD - I have been following your story on the assisted fertility board and found everything you have said so interesting and reasurring. I am absolutely certain I want to go ahead with the treatment - hubby's latest results premitting - I am just TERRIFIED of needles - the thought of injecting myself brings me out in a sweat!! I know it's something which I will have to overcome and to be quiet honest I think I'll be fine when it comes to it - I've just got to focus on the end result! AF arrived yesterday afternoon so at least now I can focus on my next appointment.

Thanks again x
  • Options
    Hey chickidee, sorry to hear AF arrived. Good luck for your appt hon. Any kind of assisted conception is a scary idea I think.........but as you say if we focus on the end result it is all worth it. xx