Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Trick of the eye....

I've done a FR test this morning and I'm not sure but I think I can see a line..... but it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. It's not really visible but under the light, but I think I can see something there.

I've done them before, and you always think there could be something there but you finally come to your senses and the conclusion there 's not, but I can't do that this time.

I had my smiley face on my CBD OV test on Sunday before last, so I guess I'm really only 10DPO at the most, prob far too early to see anything!!!!!

Has anyone one else been tricked by a FR test??

[Modified by: babyhope on 23 September 2009 08:44:51 ]

Replies

• Do you think you could post a pic of the test or would it not be visible?

I have never had a false positive on FR (I know some people have with the ebay cheapies though). In 15 months of trying, the only time I saw any sort of line on FR, it was def my BFP!

Am really keeping fingers crossed for you. Could you get a Sainsbury's test? I think they are even more sensitive than FR (measure 15miu rather than 25miu I think?)
    xxxxxx
  • Hi babyhope,
    I wuold try a Superdrug test - they are supposed to be mega sensitive.
    At 10 DPO it could be the beginnings of a BFP...
    Have everything corssed for you.xxxxx
  • Hey Babyhope - really hope this is your turn. I'm also 10 DPO but daren't test until next week! Try again tomorrow with FMU. Good luck.

xxxx
  • I really don't know if I was just seeing things, I can't even post a picture as I took the blooming thing apart trying to get a better look......mental actions!!!!!

I think I will get a different test, it's seems that that Sainsburys, Superdrug and Tesco's one are more sensitive.......You never know!!!!!

I'm just really holding out for this month as next month we have to start hormone injections, so I'm praying for a little miracle.

Thanks girls for replying to my 'manic nutter' style post!!!!

xxx
  • Ooh babyhope...it sounds very very pormising. Look forward to hearing about your next test. try to wait til tom morning to do it though as you may get a neg otherwise (not that you probably need me to point that out!) Good luck xx
    ps hilarious about taking it apart! Reckon we've all been there!
  • Good luck babyhope... I hope this is a shy BFP... take another test tomorrow with FMU and I really hope that line is darker!
    xx
  • Hey babyhope,

I've got no experience with FR lines but just wanted to say I really hope it's a shy BFP and tomorrow's line is much darker for you!

Fingers crossed!! (and toes, and legs, and hands, and everything else!!)

S xx
  • Why do I do it to myself???
    I did another test earlier, one that I bought from Superdrug, that someone mentioned were really sensitive....and it's a BFN!!! Don't know why I thought it would be any different!!!!

Have pretty much lost all my PMA today. I need to keep a bit of it as I have to start my injections soon, but all I can think is WHY!!!
    WHY me, WHY won't it happen, WHY us, WHY bother with the injections as they may not even work and then WHY waste our money on IVF as that may not work either????? Aaarrgghh!!!

A week or so into my Nutritionist recommended eating plan of no anything nice (dairy, wheat, sugar, choco, tea, coffee) and I'll I want to do is bloody comfort eat!!! Double aarrrgghhh!!!

xxx

[Modified by: babyhope on September 23, 2009 06:16 PM]

• Hi Babyhope

Im so sorry your feeling this way & i know it wont make you feel better but im in the same boat today, tortureing myself with hope only to have it dashed with a BFN on FR.

Why do we do it to ourselves?

Well ive just had the day from hell so i will be comfort eating tonight & doing retail therapy tomorrow!

Keep your PMA up hun. xxxxxxxx
  • Princess star that sounds like a good plan.
    BH I hope you are feeling a little better this morning. I know exactly how you are feeling, Im just coming out the other side of my down time LOL, I have felt so low the past 2 wks. I have been running this week 2 times and im sure that has made a huge difference, iv slept far better and feel in a much better place. It may be worth a shot, a nice brisk walk at lunch time could be just what you need, its helped my sugar cravings too, iv been dreadful just lately.

When do you start your injections? Try to look forward to that, I know its not the ideal situation but this could be exactly what your body needs to make that little bean for you.
    BIG ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

oops late for work now LOL X
  • Princess star that sounds like a good plan.
    BH I hope you are feeling a little better this morning. I know exactly how you are feeling, Im just coming out the other side of my down time LOL, I have felt so low the past 2 wks. I have been running this week 2 times and im sure that has made a huge difference, iv slept far better and feel in a much better place. It may be worth a shot, a nice brisk walk at lunch time could be just what you need, its helped my sugar cravings too, iv been dreadful just lately.

When do you start your injections? Try to look forward to that, I know its not the ideal situation but this could be exactly what your body needs to make that little bean for you.
    BIG ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

oops late for work now LOL X
  • Thanks LoobyLou81,
    Yes I'm feeling a little better this morning. I'm really gearing myself up now for the injections, I start them on CD3 so I'm waiting for AF to show her ugly face any day now. It's a step in the right direction, after a year and a half, this is the first time that something is being done (was told there was nothing wrong with me!!) and it could be just the trick.

I really must start doing a little more exercise, I have been thinking about starting to go swimming twice a week....I know it would make me feel so much better. I have lost nearly 5lbs in the first week of my new eating plan, so that is spurring me on!!

Thanks for all your lovely support girls.... as always!!

xxx
  • Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time babyhope. Life is so unfair sometimes!

Try to keep positive for the injections - I'm sure they will work for you and that you'll get your BFP very soon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. x
  • Well I think she got me yesterday.... I say think as I don't have much of anything today and didn't have yesteday really, apart from some cramps and just a little something when I wipe (sorry for TMI!!)

I'm sure she rear her ugly face fully tomorrow. Onwards and upwards to the injections which I'll probably start Sunday / Monday night now!!!!

xx

[Modified by: babyhope on September 25, 2009 03:56 PM]

• Aw babyhope, sorry to hear AF seems to be arriving....it's still not over yet though hon. Although it would be utterly amazing to get your BFP tom (and I really hope that is what happens), try to stay positive about starting injections.......Take care hon xx
  • Well she definately got me Saturday morning....with revenge!!! I had been spotting since Thursday and then Sat I got the usual cramps, but they didn't go away after a couple of Nurofen which normally does the job. (TMI Alert!!!)Yesterday it was so heavy, I had to use pads and then I was running to the loo every 10-15mins to change, it was still quite painful almost a tugging pain and I swear my insides were falling out!!! (sorry!!!) Overnight it's been really heavy and still is this morning. To be honest I'm a little worried (hence the info!!) as I normally have a heavy day but nothing like this...... I can probably only remember 2 periods in our time of TTC which have been really heavy but again not as bad as this!!!! Should I be worried???

Anyway so we start the injections tonight, and I'm actually more excited than nervous. I just hope and pray that these work for us.
    xxx
  • Hey BH, sorry to hear that honey. It does sound pretty heavy. I know I have some periods heavier than others. Sorry for TMI, but was it clotty? I guess it's possible that the heavy AF combined with the possible BFP may have been a chemical pg....I guess there's not much way of knowing now though honey. I haven't experienced this myself but just sounds possible from what I've read on here. Big hugs to you BH, and I'm really sorry if this is what has happened. I guess if it was a chemical, the one positive thing is that you CAN get pg, and hopefully the injections will help to make it a sticky one. Loads of luck for this month xxx

[Modified by: tinybabydancer on September 28, 2009 09:36 AM]

• Hi TBD,
    Yes it was and still is very clotty!! I suppose it's at the back of my mind that this may have been something as it's quite painful, even sitting here writing this I'm having pains, not like normal cramps, it's more of a tugging pain...weird!!! Like I said I've had a couple of these heavy periods but not one that has lasted so long, normal I spot for a couple of days have a day of full flow and then it dwindles off in a couple of days!!!
    Because I've now been told it could be that I may not be ovulating mature enough eggs (hence the hormone injections), I'm now thinking, are these really heavy periods spontaneous mc's?? As mc's can be where the egg isn't mature enough..........

Anyway onwards and upwards to the injections tonight!!!

xx

[Modified by: babyhope on September 28, 2009 09:46 AM]

• ah babyhope... I am so sorry and it sounded all so positive. I really hope you get on well with the injections.
    xxxx
  • Thanks RachieS.... I've just been and picked them up from the hospital, so I'm all ready.....
    I really, really hope they work for us!!!!!

xx