Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OH's SA

Just wandered if when your OH/DH went for SA if the results came back all fine and ok did they tell him over the phone that results were fine or did they make him book an appointment only to be told that they were fine??

Its just OH phoned for his SA results the other day and was told that he needed to book an appointment with his doctor to discuss the results. I thought that if results came back all good then they told u this over the phone and only asked you to come in for an appointment if there was something wrong??

I was begining to think that it was all just routine and the way they did things but then we were told by someone we know who has also been in this situation that his SA results were fine and they told him this over the phone?!

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!! xxx

Replies

• Heya hun.
    Wen my dh had his results he had an appointment with the dr. His all came back above average so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I suppose different doctors do it different ways so does'nt mean there is anythinh wrong.
    Good luck and I hope his results are fine.
    xx
  • Hey Sweetie

My DH had to produce his SA on Friday which thankfully he did no problem!

I have my follow up appointment in January where I am hoping to get the results of all the tests I have had. I had thought DH results would be given to us then x
  • Thanks for replies, feel a little better about it now. Although i can't understand why if they are ok they wouldnt just say over the phone that yes all is fine. I think im just getting a bit worried unnecessarily.

Hope all your results come back ok Mrs Calopa. How are you? Its been a while since we last spoke!

xxx
  • hey hunny, my hubby had his over the phone lol, they said that the motility wasn't 100% but was above average, so nothing to worry about. xx
  • I think mine had his just over the phone too. They just said he was 'normal' and then he picked up the full report to give to gynae. x
  • We had an appt... DH SA were all fine.

I presumed it was about confidentiality, and not releasing personal details over the phone?! But every hosp seems to be different.. Don't be alarmed hun.... Get an appt - best of luck xx
  • Im not sure but my OH was given his pot from GP and had to produce at home then take it to labs at the hospital within an hour lol. The results have been sent bk to his GP and when he has been to talk about them with doctor they will be faxed over to my GP, so that she can forward it with our referral to the infertility clinic.
  • Hi
    my OH had to collect his, and unfortunately a couple of things to worry about, but the dr was useless - couldn't answer any of his questions. We have made an appointment with my dr instead, to discuss next steps.
  • hey honey my oh has his tomorrow, he was told that he was to make an appointment with his doctor for the results so we don't even plan on phoning!
    They said its so they can explain all the different elements in full.
    So i'm sure its just routine for your area.

Here's wishing us both good luck,

xx
  • Thanks ladies. danipink hope he gets on ok tommorrow!! xx
  • Hi Sweetie123,

My DH did his sample on the 2nd of December and had heard nothing at all so rang today and they just said 'oh yes, everything is absolutely fine!' Seems like every practice does it differently!

xxx
  • Hey all. Just to let you know OH had his appointment today for his SA results and they are all fine!!! Wahoo!! The moltility % isn't as high as it should be but the doctor said the amount he is producing (which is a hell of a lot higher than it should be!) is enough to make up for that so....yay!! xxx
  • Brill news Sweetie

Hope you are well and looking forward to Christmas x