Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Delayed Clomid symptoms or just a grumpy cow ....

Hi ladies, I am CD18 of my first clomid cycle. I read and heard lots of stories of the side affects of Clomid making moods volatile and turns us into some sort of monsters however I understood this would be during the 5 day period of taking it. Thankfully I was fine whilst taking it and had no mood swings or symptoms save from banging head on the first day. But I was really mardy with my DH last night and feel really on edge/snappy tonight. :evil: Being miserable, untalkative and just generally feeling huffy!! I know the weather doesn't help but wondered whether I can blame my miserableness on Clomid or maybe after messing with my hormones I am getting early PMT and AF is getting ready for a visit! Hmmmph! I am tired too which may be a contributory factor but I have been sleeping well ... Anyway will stop moaning now! :roll: Anyone else noticed delayed symptoms or similar issues? xxx

Replies

• Hi,

I had very bad moodiness but it was during my 5 days taking Clomid. Have been fine since and am on Day 24 now.

Hope the moods pass
  • Hi ya

Iv been fine the 2 months iv taken it during the 5 day stint but i think iv been more tired and moody about a week later! This could be a coincidence but i fugure it is working its magic then and making the body do stuff its not used to doing so its bound to mess with you a little afterwards

Hope you feel better xx
  • I'm never in a bad mood during the first 5days, i'm always moody and irrational mid cycle so your not alone hun xxx
  • I would get grumpy whenever really - the 5 days - OH YES - but I would be arsey, grumpy and depressed!

Try not to worry - I usually just apologised and said it was the tablets - he understood.

Do you have pcos - this can make you tired more than people who don't. But yeah on clomid I could sleep for england - but then I always have been able to!

Don't worry hun and just go with the flow. Try a romcom and cuddle on the sofa - make ya self feel better doing something nice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks everyone. Feel a bit brighter today. image Had chat and cuddles with DH, he understands and is blaming the nasty hormones. Mummywannabe, yes I have PCOS, so prone to the odd moodswing or two but usually as coming on. xxxx