Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going to drs thursday - UPDATED

I know that most of you are much further on th 'treatment path' than I am but I have finally-after 18 failed diy AI attempts-decided to go and see the gp to see if she will do my 21 day bloods and anything else that may be worth testing.
My GP does not know how I am ttc and I don't know what reaction I am going to get and whether or not they will test someone without a partner. I am a bit apprehensive and just hope that she will be supportive.
H.xxx

Well shes going to do my 21 day bloods but she wasn't very pleasant and althgough she didn't say anything it was obvious that she disapproved. I hope I am oving so that the next time I go it'll be to say I'm pg!
Thanks for all the good wishes ladies.
H.xxx

[Modified by: hjanea on 25 June 2009 10:55:46 ]

Replies

• hi H I know we've been posting in trying for a baby but just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. I hope they are supportive and understanding.

xxx
  • Hi Hjanea

Sending lots of good luck for tomorrow - i hope your doctor is supportive and understanding - don't leave until she promises to help you!

• I also posted in ttc but I thought an extra good luck can't do any harm. Let us know how you get on x
  • Hope your appt goes well. Thinking of you.
  • hello chick if you think it might be an issue re 'partner' I would not mention any specific details unless specifically asked ie: same person for 18 months?

Did you have any issue with first baby?

And of course all the best of luck to you for tomorrow x
  • Thankyou.
    Grace was the only time I'd had sex without protection of one sort or another in 16 years, so I look upon her as my own little miracle.
    H.xxx
  • Good luck for tomorrow xx
  • Hi Helen

Pleased that the appointment was constructive for you int he fact that you'll get the tests done now but it does annoy me when doctors show certain attitudes. They should be more professional than that.

Anyway I'm sure that hasn't deterred you at all so onwards and upwards honey x
  • I'm pleased you got the outcome you wanted xxxx
  • Thats great news hun - just a thought but have you considered that the doner may have the problem and not you?
  • I've tried 2 different donors, both of whom have recent successes so unfortunately I think it must be me. I am 40 and it may just be that my eggs are not as good as they were or that I am only producing a good one every few months.
    I'm just waiting for my donor now so am hoping that I ov tomorrow.
    H.xxx
  • I hope you ov tomorrow mrs and good luck for it all if you do

re your dr tough luck on her if she doesn't approve its noone of her business. iw as thinking baout you yesterday and whether I would do the same and I am certain I would and am in full support of you so tell your dr to keep your disaproving to herself as we on lttc dont accept it LOL

Good luck for the day 21's have you though about using the cbfm it would deffo tell you either way if you are oving?

BTW your like me my wee man was conceived on a one night only of no contracpetive in 6 years and now with the same person cant get og after 18 months image
  • Good luck Helen, bugger the doc, she can naff off!!! My doc is really supportive of me but realistic as well which is good. You'd think they'd turn their nose up at me at age 48 but no so.
    Anyway, whats the difference between what you are doing and having artificial insemination by donor done through a fertility clinic??? Grrrrr. You go girl and get the result you want and she can carry on dealing with coughs, sneezes and the like!!!!!
    lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Hi Helen

Great news that you're getting somewhere, even if the dr wasn't as professional as she should have been. Really hope it all works for you. Have you thought about IUI? Expensive I know, but it would mean the guy's sample was checked and washed and you'd be tracked so that the timing was perfect. Since you've been pg before it could be a really good treatment for you. Just a thought.

• I can't afford it I'm afraid. I have looked into treatment costs and I think that if I dont manage to get pg then going abroad for treatment-perhaps with donor eggs-is really my only option as its cheaper. I am trying to save so that I could afford a couple of treatments.
    Thanks for the thought though DG.
    H.xxx