Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not ovulating doctors tomorrow advice needed!!

Hi
Not been round much recently as the closer my edd in July gets the more emotional I seem to become. Now on month 19 ttc and desperate to be referred again! We were referred back in Oct when it was discovered that my hubby has a low sperm count 16 million per ml and only 16% motility coupled with the fact that I have very irregular cycles (anywhere from 30-76 days long) and the fact then I only seemed to ovulate every other month. We then discovered a miracle happened and I fell pg before our first appointment; unfortunately the miracle faded and I had a mmc at 12 weeks in Jan. Since then my cycles have been much much shorter and now range from 30-38 days however my CBFM has not detected a peak in the five cycles I have had since my D&C. Last month it did not even register a high. Some months my basal temp suggests that I have ovulated and others its doesnt - very confused and think its possible that I have not ovulated since last October! Obviously that is playing harvoc with ttc! Saw the GP over Easter as I had to go back as I had had an infection after the D&C - delightful! She wanted me to wait until July to be referred again however I feel like I amslightly loosing the plot at the moment and simply can't cope with any more friends telling me that they are pregnant. When I started ttc 19 months ago I honestly throught that I would have 2 by time I am 30 but if I do not concieve this year I will not even have one. I feel like my life is on hold whilst everyone else moves on and leaves me behind. Advice please what can I say to my GP?? Worried about getting upset in front of her!

Replies

• Hi Muffin- our paths have crossed a few times over on ttc after m/c.. I completely empathise with everything you said- I've not been trying quite as long, but I dread the ticking by of every month as its another without a BFP. I felt like I was getting left behind in TTC after m/c so feel more comfortable here.

I guess my advice would be to take any bbt graphs etc you have (I printed mine out from FF) as I think its helps to show that you are monitoring things yourselves and add a bit more weight to your concerns about not ovulating. Also I wouldn't worry about getting upset in front of GP- I went back a few months after m/c to pursue further fertility investigations and managed to remain composed but felt like she wasn't taking my conerns on board, which made me upset and I started to cry. my GP then seemed to realise that this was a big deal to me and agreed to refer me on - if i'd have know waterworks would have helped I would have turned them on much sooner!!!

I hope your appt goes well and you get some more help. let us know how you get on xx
  • Yeah!! Appointment went really well! For pnce I was prepared not to take no for an answer. She listened to all my 'evidence' and took some blood for me to have hormone levels check again and however they come back I am going to be referred again!! Hoping it will be like in Oct when I was referred last time that I will get my BFP before it turns up!!!! How are you getting along littleb? I agree with you about ttc after mc. Its nice to talk to people who know what its like to mc but at the same time people seem to disappear very quickly again! Have you seen anyone yet since you have been referred??
  • Hey Muffin, it is so wierd how similar our stories are, even the timings!! and I do totally empathise. It's great that you have a 2nd referal, knowing things are happening allows you to feel like you have a bit of control again and gives you hope.

I didn't even ask my GP this time, I just contacted the clinic and they were happy to see us from the original referal letter, We have to wait to be seen, first available appointment is July and I'm so impatient. This is private though not NHS.

Who are you seeing? which hospital / clinic? where abouts are you in the country?

lots of love, speak soon!

Fairy T x
  • I'm so pleased your appt went well and you got what you wanted! hopefully history will repeat itself and you'll not need that second appt! PMA!!!

I've had a bit of a confusing time tbh. We have been seen at the fertility clinic, at our first appt we were told that along with my ovulation probs, OH's SA result wasn't great so they said IVF was the next step. We were a bit floored but got our heads round it and were keen to get on with it. we went back for our next appt this week with the plan to start IVF, but saw a different consultant who said she would like us to try clomid for 3 months before we go for IVF. because we managed to get preg before she said the sperm is ok enough to conceive, so that's the new plan of action! hopefully clomid will do the trick and we'll not need to have IVF.

babydust xx
  • Hi Muffin

Sounds like our stories are also similar. Did they say what your hubby's morphology was when they did his SA?? We also have a combination of the male and female factor and are waiting for a follow up appointment to discuss the next steps. I can't believe that Fairythalia had to wait until July to get hers privately - I can't bear any more waiting!!

xxx