Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Was soo excited about Clomid - but not so much anymore!

Hi Girls,

I'm still using my CBFM even tho I have been told that I don't ovulate. Anyway I use it and every month I get an egg exactly 14 days before my AF starts. I have clomid to take on my next cycle so was deadly excited yesterday morning when I got my wee egg thing. That means I will be able to start Clomid 2 weeks today!!

Only thing is - The consultant that I went to see privately gave me his email address to contact him when my AF came so that he could arrange a follicle tracking scan for the Clomid. Today I decided to email and ask him about the peaks I have been getting on the monitor. Lovely God sent man that he is phoned me this evening on my mobile to talk to me about it.

I explained about the monitor and he asked did it happen every month and i said yes. Then his bombshell!! I am ovulating! He said the monitor is a great indication as my AF always starts a text book 14 days after 'ovulation' on the monitor. I asked him about false positives and he said no because it happens every month and it is so accurate.

My hopes fell - is there any point taking Clomid if I am already ovulating? He said he would still like me to take it for 2 or 3 months so see how i get on.

Has anyone else taken clomid when they are ovulating and has it had any positive effects?

Sorry for long msg. Feeling bit low tonight after my initial excitement!

Em
xx

Replies

• Yeah, definitely take it . When I went for tests I did 3 mths of blood tests and on 2 of them it showed i was ovulating but on another one that I hadn't. They came to the conclusion that I ovulate just not every month. So they prescribed me Clomid, because even if I was ovulating it doubles your chance as it makes both your tubes release an egg. Me and my OH had been trying for 2 yrs to get pregnant with no luck and within 2 mths of being on Clomid I got pregnant. Unfortunately I miscarried and did a couple more times after that ( that had nothing to do with the Clomid) but I've also got a daughter and am now 7.5 mths pregnant. Every pregnancy has been whilst I've been on Clomid, and we've never used protection but I've never got caught naturally even though they say I do ovulate. Why not give it a try the doc wouldn't give it you if he thought tere was n point what've you got to lose?
    Good luck hun xxx
  • Aw thank you soooo much you have given me such a boost!! Thats just what i needed to hear! Congratulations on your daughter and baby on the way. I love the girls on this site!!!!!!!!

Em
    xx
  • I would em any way as surely it would stimulate more eggs and therefore give you a higher chance of conception. As you know I too get peaks and then af after 14 days but if I was offered climod I would take it too!!! LOL just for the point of getting more eggs out there although know this prob wouldn't be an option for me

Lets see how our 2ww goes eh mrs xxxxxxx
  • Hi Emerald

So strange that you'd posted this as I've just got back from my consultants appointment this morning (follow up after Lap & Dye and follicle tracking)....

Now I know I ovulate each month, I too use a CBFM and the follicle tracking showed a nice big round one from my right ovary that popped over the weekend....

AND I too have been prescribed Clomid for my next 3 cycles followed by a day 21 blood test (again) after the first month of taking it.

He said we are at a much higher risk of having twins but it will mean that I should get more than one egg so a greater chance each month of one of them getting it on with hubby's swimmers!!

So good to hear that I'm not the only one in these circumstances and to hear snappy's success stories too.

Good luck and fingers crossed for us (well it is the only thing we can cross :lol: )

Jules
  • Def try it. I was being treated for primary infertility for 18 months - and all tests came back saying he same - there was nothing wrong! I was ovulating, my tubes were clear and my partner's sperm count was fine.
    I was prescribed Clomid in March last year and was given two months worth. I took the first lot and when my period came it was very heavy and I felt horrendous for a couple of days. I then took the second lot and fell pregnant! I now have a healthy, hungry little boy sleeping on my knee. I would give it a try. I think Clomid boosted my ovulation even though it was happening every month anyway. Good luck.
  • Hiya
    I've not been on here for a while, but me too - I've just started Clomid. We have unexplained infertility - tubes fine etc, ovulate, so they are just seeing if Clomid helps. I have my ultrasound on Monday.
    Good luck all, after 20 months it must be our time soon.
    xx
  • Thank you so much for your story Apple. All your stories are giving my shattered confidence so hope again!! Less than 2 weeks to wait now!!!!!! I'm excited again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em
    xx
  • glad your feeling more positive mrs xxxxxxxx Hopefully you'll not need it!!! LOL xxxxx