Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what can a expect now ive had my hormone test results back

Hi all, i had a etopic pregnancy in 2006 i had my right tube removed,since then i have had no luck in getting pregnant. i got caught pregnnat after just over 5 months of trying for a baby...when i had the etopic the dr said that i can still get caught natural but its just not happening for me an its getting realy fustrating now....so after all this time i have finally been 2 see my dr last month she said i will qualify for ivf treatment so asked me to go back to the dr on the 7th of july for blood tests to see about my hormone levels the 7th of july was the date she give me so it worked out inbetween when my next period would be due....ive had the results back now everything came back normal my hormone levels were fine including my liver,kidneys,thyroid and blood count.. i had 2 ring the nurse for these results and she have booked me in now 2 see my dr on the 29th of this month..im just wondering is there anyone out there who can give me some advice on what to expect now that ive had my hormone results back...if it helps im from south wales so i asume ill be refered to the clinic down cardiff ill be realy greatful if some of you would please get back to me..thankyou!!

Replies

• Hi Leah, I'm sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy. I had one in September and it was the most traumatic thing I thing I've been through.

I think it varies so much in each region. Before they will even consider IVF for me hubs has to have sperm test and I have to have hormones, a scan and a hcg dye test.

Not long to wait until you get some answers x x
  • thanks for your reply princess...sorry to hear of your etopic its such a bad thing for any woman to have to go through..it was my first pregnancy so i have no kids im just so desperate now 4 a baby...did u have a tube removed? they removed my right tube but i still have the 2 ovarys..i had a few tests done about a year after the etopic and they said there wasnt nothing that wasnt stopping me from getting caught natural an the remaing tube was working fine..they just said that it could take a longer time to concive as there is only the one tube there but it depends with every woman when you will get caught it could take months or even years...i just hope now fingers crossed my dr will refer me asap to get the ball rolling...good luck to you hope u get caught very soon.. x
  • It was my first pregnancy too, it has made me feel terrified of getting pregnant even though I want it more than anything.

I still have my tubes as it was next to my ovary so they could treat it medically. I'm having an hcg dye test to see if there's any tube damage.

Fingers crossed for us both x
  • good luck to you hope all goes well....thats just like me id love a baby more than anything in this world and to find out i was pregnant id be the happiest id ever been but at the same time im petrifided of being one day late on a period incase it ever happens to me again..there was no chance in saving my tube as i was 6 weeks pregnant so i had key hole surgery and also had to be cut on my lower stomach..ive never been on a site like this with other woman who have been through the same ive been reading through other peoples storys and its nice to know that your not on your own..when i had a etopic i hadnt even heard of new of anyone having one before...i just hope i will get pregnant now even before ivf as you do hear of woman getting caught before there treatment starts dont you..ill keep you posted x