Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

CBFM V. Temping?

Hiya, I've been faithfully temping and using my CBFM for the last month and this one so far (CD12), and am a bit confused this month. My temps have been a bit all over the place (REALLY up and down and quite big jumps compared with previous months), and although I've been doing it at the same time every day, my sleep patterns have been totally different as I have been on holiday from work since last Thursday. I got my first peak on my CBFM this morning, but it looks like my temps have only just started to rise this morning, suggesting that I might not OV until Thursday at the earliest?

I'm confused and not sure which method I should be trusting? I am not sure I totally trust my CBFM yet, but I know I've definitely been doing it right this month, whereas I have my doubts about my temps.

Only good thing is that hubby is off this week too, so is more than happy to 'assist' and is well up for all the BDing I ask forimage

What do you reckon? Should I trust the CBFM, or hold out for a few more days temping? I guess I'm just clutching at straws this month, as I have been putting off going to the docs, and know I will need to go if we don't catch this month.

Replies

• BE ate my previous reply so will make a bit shorter...

Was going to say that when I use my CBFM and also first reponse sticks they mostly differ on the peak day. I have built up a picture on a spreadsheet of my cycle as i have regular AF but am going to ditch my CBFM for a bit as it hasn't worked for me yet and has been a year now. Can't afford all the sticks lol.

I would advise BD as much as you can over as much time as you can based on all the info you have, sorry probably not helpful at all. Good luck x
  • Hello

Unless I misunderstanding what your saying if your temp has risen (and then stays up) you have OV so that would fit with the peak on CBFM, I would stick with the temping for a few more days to see if it stays up, do you use Fertility Friend? if you put your temp in there everyday it works it out for you, really easy.
    Is it your CD that makes you won't OV until Thurs? xx
  • I've just had a "duh" moment.... I haven't been temping at the exact same time every day ...... The clocks changed! So I guess it won't be quite as accurate as I had thought. Ah well will just keep BDing anyway.
    Thanks for the replies - guess I panicked a little as hubs and I have the time and energy to devote to making our much-wanted baby and I thought my body was fooling me cruelly again!! Will keep you posted x
  • I've just had a "duh" moment.... I haven't been temping at the exact same time every day ...... The clocks changed! So I guess it won't be quite as accurate as I had thought. Ah well will just keep BDing anyway.
    Thanks for the replies - guess I panicked a little as hubs and I have the time and energy to devote to making our much-wanted baby and I thought my body was fooling me cruelly again!! Will keep you posted x
  • The clock change should only affect the first few temps I think. (from what I understood)
    I used to temp & do cbfm (until I got a bit fed up of it all!). I found temping more accurate. One month cbfm gave me a peak, I had a stressful week at work and I actually ovulated 2 weeks later - my temps (on fertility friend) were correct. However, cbfm is so easy to use that I used it as a guide, then waited until my temps had definitely risen. x
  • Thanks. I decided to discount the temps over the weekend - I just can't be sure that they are accurate! So I think I'll go with the CBFM this month. Over the alst few months, I have OVd on CD14 anyway, (which is today!), so I suppose I'll just have to assume that this month is no different.

*SIgh* why does it have to be so difficult?!