Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

HSG & Tuboplasty???

We had the lap and dye a couple of months ago, which identified that our right tube was clear image but the left tube was blocked (from the previous EP).

We are awaiting my AF to arrive, so we can go can get it unblocked via another HSG (i hate them!!) :cry: but also they are inserting a wire and deflated balloon to open the blockage image

Just wondering if anyone else has had this procedure??

Was told if it is unblocked - we will try for a year...

If not, its straight onto IVF (which we are already on the top of the list for)

Thanks

Replies

• Hey,

Sounds good that things are moving on. Why won't they let you try with one tube? I only have one (had my left tube removed after an ectopic in october) but they said it really won't reduce our chances. Just wondering why they were saying IVF?

We've been trying since July 07 - took 11 cycles to conceieve and it was ectopic. Hopefully starting again this week if we get the go ahead from our consultant....

Rach x
  • Thanks for your reply Rach.
    To be honest - i don't know!! After the HSG and dye the cons said both tubes looked severely damgaed... They said we could have a Lap & Dye or/and they will put us on the IVF waiting list..
    I roared and roared, thought it was the end of the world.. but decided to go with the Lap & Dye. That showed that one tube was completely clear and the other was joined at the top from the ectopic. (They he was saying both tubes were SEVERLY damaged - these Dr's can give ppl heartattacks!!)
    Had a review appt after the op last week, and our options were IVF or tuboplasty to unblock the tube.
    They haven't said anything about us TTC with 1 tube.. As we have been TTC since Sept 06, they seem to think - its taking quite long to happen naturally. We're both 24 and really see IVF as the last option!!

Are you doing anything to improve your chances of conceiving with 1tube??

x

[Modified by: Boo???????WantsBaby on November 26, 2008 01:01 PM]

• Hi honey- i think i'm having the tubeoplasty done with my lap. as HSG in july showed both my tubes were blocked.

No idea what to expect as doctor wasn't very informative other than saying the waiting list wasn't long!!
    xxx
  • Hey Boo,

no I'm not doing anything special. I have a really lovely consultant (we were lucky enough that i could get op privately through health insurance) and when he was in there he found endometriosis which i had no idea i had. He removed that three weeks later with another op - also private. He's a very experienced gynae consultant and he doesn't seem very at all worried about our fertility. he said the 11 cyles it took us to conceive were perfectly normal (especially since i had come off the pill) and he had a good look around inside, checked my remaining tube etc during lap and said i should get preg again no probs. He said the one tube can actually pick up from both ovaries! So I'm assuming we won't have as good a chance every month but i'm feeling pretty confident about it all. I've also been going to the Zita west clinic and i seem to be getting the same info from them there, which is reassuring.

The one thing i will be trying to do is not think about it. The month we did concieve i was very chilled and concentrating on other things in life, so i'm going to try and do that! I feel like I'm back to month one, which is quite nice in some ways. Hopefully not having the endo will make it quicker too!

Rach x
  • Hey Rach, seems like your getting the best treatment! What was Zita West clinic like??

Wish my cons was as positive as your's and not so doom and gloom - for no apparent reason!!

I've briefly read that the other ovary can compensate for the other. Other than the TX we have put TTC to the back of our minds.. but thinking of maybe being abit more focussed on BD and getting the CBD for next year!!