Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not great news!!!

Well I've just had my chat with the Fertility Nurse following my appointment at the hospital 2 weeks ago. The results of my blood showed that my FSH level is too high to qualify for IVF should we need it..... great!!! Apparently the levels to qualify in Surrey are quite low, had I lived a mile down the road in Sussex we would have qualified!!! The story of our luck really!!!
She said that whilst it was too high for NHS IVF, it was still within normal limits, just on the high side of normal. Bizarrely, when I had my FSH level done at the end of last year it was 7.5 now it's 11.5, which she did say seemed to be a wild jump and she'd mention it to the Consultant.

Oh well, another option bites the dust!!! Just waiting for my Lap & Dye appointment to come through now, I'm praying and praying that that's where the issues is and that a flush out will be the solution..... the way our luck is heading I'm sure it won't be that simple!!!!

She did tell me not to panic (easier said than done!!) and that there was no indication that I should not be able to fall pg naturally. We've been trying for 16 months now, so I don't think that's going to happen!!!!

Weirdly, I'm not too down in the dumps about it, and just keeping my chin up ready for my Lap & Dye, when it finally comes thru!!!!

xx

[Modified by: babyhope on 24 June 2009 15:17:16 ]

Replies

• Options
    I hope that the lap and dye sorts any problems and the FSH will not be an issue.
    H.xxx
  • Options
    hoping that the lap and dye will solve the issue, I would though ask for another fsh test in case that was a one off irregular result or something, I have read on here that some peoples have went down too?? Get your bossy boots on after lap &dy and insist on another just in case, good luck chick xx
  • Options
    Hello love - goodness you must be fed up! I hope the lap and dye sorts something out for you.

Would you consider going private for any of your treatment. I know it is horrifically expensive but wondered if that would give you a bit more hope. Big Hugs x
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

Thank you all for your words of support. I really am hoping that the Lap & Dye will be the answer to our prayers.
    I'm definately going to push for another FSH test after I've had the little op, even the Fertility Nurse said it did seem a little odd, or it could just be that the way my ovaries are aging.....great!!!! Doesn't help that I'm 36 on Saturday, and now so it seems I'm shrivelling up inside too???

OH is not really on the IVF train yet. He seems to think it can be done without help, and whilst I love his optimism (I'm not that optimistic after 16 months of trying), we really do have to look at worst case scenario and we would look at doing it privately. Inreality it not going to be until next year now, as after the Lap, they give you 3 months to go and try naturally, as they say there's a super fertility window after the proceedure. So plenty of time for lots of saving!!!

Has anyone any experience of falling pg after a Lap & Dye???
    xx

[Modified by: babyhope on June 25, 2009 11:49 AM]

• Options
    Ah hun, its good to hear your trying to stay positive after your news, your a better person than me!
    The FSH thing sounds odd to me, i would defo ask for another test.
    They say that if you have a HSG the procedure alone could help to get prg, so maybe its the same for a lap and dye.
    Good luck hun and keep us posted xxx
  • Options
    Ah Thanks Jess. I'm really trying to stay positive but do have a little wobble now and again. But the best way to look at it is that we haven't been told there's no hope!!
    I've always had a little feeling that we would have twins and perhaps going thru IVF is our way of getting them..... sometimes fate works in peculiar ways!!!

Do stay positive Jess, I had a friend who has just had a little girl, she wasn't ovulating and her OH had a bad SA...... and they did it!!! I know she was on Clomid at one point but I don't think it worked for her, but she got there in the end.

So chant altogether now, whilst rubbing our Buddha's (statues not bellies) . PMA. BFP, PMA, BFN, PMA, BFN

xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks hun, we'll both be positive together xxxx
  • Options
    HI Babyhope

Found out today that we're in exactly the same situation. Had a couple of FSH results that were around 7 and fine but my last was 11. Knew it was a lttle higher than they like and that we'd be on short protocol IVF but found out today that they actually won't treat us unless I get an FSH of 10 or under. Now desperately hoping my blood test in a couple of weeks is better as IVF is our last hope really. Really hope your lap and dye does the trick and means you don't even have to worry about FSH levels.

• Options
    oh babyhope...I keep my fingers crossed for you that the lap and dye will do the trick for you...I had mine a week last thurs and it really is fine, don't worry...hope it works for me, I know it is early days but we will see.
    I know Mrs Jules fell pg the month after her lap and dye and is now due in dec image two of my friends have had a HSG and both fell pg that same month too image so fingers crossed.Thinking of you babyhope....take care x