Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Back from hols and unfortunately brought AF with me

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well. I'm back from a week's camping. We had a lovely time, I was very relaxed and made sure I had the odd glass of wine whilst sat outside our tent! Got back Friday, AF due yesterday, and was feeling so positive I stupidly thought I'd poas. Silly me, what a waste, it was of course BFN. And now this morning AF has arrived.

There have been lots of tears from me, and lots of hugs from hubby. I'll be going for my 3-6 day bloods sometime this week after all. And I'll book in for my ultrasound on Friday.

So fed up :cry: But I am learning not to expect too much each month now, so the tears have subsided quite quickly this month and I'm feeling strangely calm.

Will reply to all the new posts I've missed later, just wanted to say hi for now x

Replies

• Hi angelfish - glad you had a lovely holiday. Where did you go? I quite fancy the idea of camping....well, I fancy the idea of a holiday and going abroad doesn't really fit in with saving up in case we need IVF!!!
    So sorry to hear AF arrived hon. You're not silly hon, it's perfectly natural to get your hopes up - if we didn't do that then why would we bother trying at all? It never gets any easier does it. As you say, its positive that you can have tests done this week, and hopefully get some reassurance that things are ok. I can't remember whether you've had any other tests done yet? Try to have a lovely relaxing day with your hubbie, let yourself feel sad, and then pick yourself up ready for another month. It WILL happen babe xx
  • TBD, we were only in Dorset, but it was lovely and we were spoilt with the weather. I've only ever been camping once before and I really recommend it! It's cheap, relaxed and, if you get the weather, just lovely being outdoors. It can get very cosy in a tent too ;\)

As for tests, I had 21 day bloods just before going away so not got the results yet. Hubby has had 3 SA's which have thrown up a potential problem with low morphology which they are concerned about. He has also had bloods taken. Next steps is my 3-6 bloods and ultrasound, both this week. Then it's back to doc's for both of us to discuss next steps.

Thanks for the words of support hun, just what I needed to hear x
  • OOh nice - I like Dorset! You had fab weather for it. Think we'll go camping for a weekend soon!

Here's hoping your bloods come back fine hon. At least if it's just hubbie to deal with it seems a little more manageable. Sounds like we're at similar stages and situations hon. Will have to share sperm tips! xxx
  • Will let you know what happens hun x
  • Ah Honey, I am sorry thw wtich caught up with you!
    We all do it... we hope and hope and then when it comes it hurts that little bit more.
    I really hope your bloods come back OK... keep us updated,
    xxxx