Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying and not giving up! - Part 3

Replies

• @Catlady220 pancake day. I’m like a little kid, have to have them lol. 

@ks36 I’m so glad you’re feeling more positive now. 
  • @RememberToBreathe her hubby got sperm results back with low count and low mobility

@Aliciab90 and @SR19 oh i didnt know lol
  • @SR19 @Aliciab90 we had savoury pancakes with smoked salmon and cream cheese! Didn’t have sweet ones as DH came home from work with homemade iced cinnamon buns so we had those instead. Not exactly diet friendly but hey ho! Weighed this morning and I have lost 1.1kg/2.4lb so was very happy with that in a week. Gave me the motivation to go for an early run (working from home today) and even though it was a little icy, I did my fastest 2 mile run yet (17:12) and managed my fastest mile within that at 8:24 so seriously chuffed this morning! Dog walk at lunch and then acupuncture tonight! So far CD6 is off to a good start!! 
  • @RememberToBreathe wow that sounds yum!! Something definitely put a boost in your step, well done lovely on the run and the weight loss!
    I have trouble losing weight so just started with a new PT and she’s helping me adjust my diet and fitness for my particular needs, hopefully that’ll give me some good results. 🙈 I have nothing to stop me between now and Easter. 
  • @sr19 I had a PT once upon a time and it was the best thing I did. He really helped me with my diet especially and now I’m just re-using that knowledge! I’m sure you will see results 😘
  • I had American style fluffy pancakes with maple syrup 😋
    I managed the gym though this morning so don't feel too guilty hah! 
    @ks36 welcome back love, glad you didn't decide to give up. 
  • Yum @Emmy012 and well done on the gym this morning! What do you do there? I used to love the gym but I could never get to the weights and kettle bells because they were always being hogged by beefy men so I ended up leaving 😂
  • @RememberToBreathe a combination mod weights and cardio, resistance weight machines mainly followed by the stairmaster and cross trainer. I go at 6.30 am so that I can use everything I need to! A full gym gives me all the anxiety. 
  • Hello lovelies!! 

@ks36 I'm so glad you decided to stay and keep trying! We are here for you!!

Pancake day!? Oh my, I don't think we've been told about this in the states, or I may be in the dark. I've been pretty out of it with this cold. I'm sad I missed such a glorious thing!! 

@RememberToBreathe look at you kicking butt!! Get it girl! 😍

@Emmy012 gotta treat yourself! And you've been going so hard w the gym and home improvement work. You absolutely deserve a treat!!

@sr19 that's great about the new pt! Is she adjusting diet for weight loss or specifically for ttc?

@Catlady220 looking forward to hearing what your temp is today. Fingers crossed for a high.

@ginajolly90 how are you doing lovely?

@MadDoda hope you are healing well ❤️❤️❤️
  • @PinkSnow410 I feel a lot better today, I'm hoping for some bd in a short while. But gonna talk to dr tomorrow. Making a restart on essay today! How are u doing, busy with ur babies? 
  • Hey! I'm so glad to hear you're healing and I hope doctor gives you the all clear for BD @MadDoda
    I'm good, just struggling with this cold still. It moved to my chest now so no more head congestion pain thankfully, but the cough is keeping me and dh up. I'm happy to be back to work. I missed all my kids! I get to see the last one I haven't seen yet tonight. 
  • @PinkSnow410 hey lovely, how you feeling? 
    Ive woken up with a horrible cold today! I feel like my 8 weeks of it just before xmas was enough but... apparently not!

Pancake day is one of my fav times of year lol. I don’t really have them any other time so makes it a good treat! 

My PT is just helping with weight loss but she knows it’s because of IVF.  She’s looked over my food diary and is very surprised I don’t lose weight which I’ve been told my entire life lol! So she’s helping me amend it to try various things and get some weight off.   

@RememberToBreathe aw that’s good that he was so helpful. Sometimes I worry I’ll pay a fortune and not get anywhere. 
  • @PinkSnow410 no way! I thought you guys in the states had it too. It’s basically the last day before lent so traditionally people did it to clear out their cupboards
  • @PinkSnow410 it was 98.01

i know i did a bad move by using the temp adjuster......BUT i only did it bc i wanted to see where it would mark ov.....i think with a temp missing so close to ov it wont mark it but i will discard tomorrow and if it marks it still if so ill leave it discarded.......regaurdless.....3dpo <3
  • Hi there all! Hope you've had a good Wednesday!

@PinkSnow410 I'm good, just feeling a little under the weather but trying to battle through, going to spin tonight to see if I can sweat it out! I feel like I just want to lay on the sofa 🙈 I hope you feel better soon!

@RememberToBreathe that sounds like a really productive wfh day! Well done on the weight loss 👍 I did some yoga at lunch which was nice and calm, lovely! I don't think I could ever motivate myself to get up and run before work!

@Catlady220 yay for marked ov! Only 11days until test day! 😂 🤞❤️

@Aliciab90 I was all over the pancakes yesterday too 😂😂 Yum!!

• @ginajolly90 yea I will probably test at 12dpo bc last cycle I MCed at 16dpo.....so if I wouldn't have tested I would've just thought it was af
  • @sr19 oh no! Again? I'm sorry it got you too. I felt same way. I can't remember a time I was this sick, so often. It's miserable. Take care of yourself. Mines on its way out. Feeling much better now that it's no longer in my head. Coughs annoying tho, but I'll take it. Get lots of rest. If she recommends any specific things for ttc please let me know. I'm always trying to improve my chances and diet is a huge part of that. ❤️  I've heard they're doing genetic testing for diet now to help understand what's best for each individual. Like some people might be genetically inclined to lose weight with more fiber intake. At least that's what the commerical I saw said. Who knows if it's true? Wild...I hope the pt helps you!!

@Aliciab90 we probably do, my head's under a rock lol. I didn't even realize it was lent 🤦 I'm horrible. 

@Catlady220 def looks like you ov! 🤞🌈

@ginajolly90 girl you are amazing!! Going to spin class even tho you feel down... You're awesome! Sweating it out is a great option! Hope it helps. I can't wait till I can get back on the treadmill. I've gotten back into my intermission fasting since Vaca and now I just need to get back into exercise. So hard being sick. 

• @PinkSnow410 I know.....doing my last follow up on mc right now n she asked when AF is supposed to start n she told me to be sure to call the minute I find out
  • UPDATE: it's called fat Tuesday here 🤣🤣🤣 
  • Aha oh I wish you were right @PinkSnow410...but after my good intentions I just laid on the sofa for a few minutes and then - I only just woke up! So no spin class for me tonight 😂🙈 I guess it shows my body wants rest though. What kind of fasting (like for how long each time and how often) do you do? I sometimes do a 24 hour fast but not nearly often enough, maybe once every 3 months...I know some folk doing that once a week! I probably go out for dinner too often 🙈 Fat Tuesday sounds like fun!! Is it still pancakes?!
This discussion has been closed.