Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying and not giving up! - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    It really is surreal and scary. I have so many friends just out of work now. I feel very grateful that we are still working. We don't have much saved and have some debt 😩 
    Now especially I feel so unsure of what steps to take. @EmJ3
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 I understand that. It’s challenging times. People will definitely need their children looked after though! But, concentrate as much as possible on your wonderful news because ultimately this chaos will pass!😘😘😘xxx
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 I promise to only use my powers for good!
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 hey gorgeous ❤️ thanks for asking after me. I'm just trying to work from home which is a proving a little stressful but I'll get the hang of it. 
    I'm cd8 today and still spotting weirdly. My AF has been very unusual this month but I haven't paid it too much thought, I just want to BD with OH! I've not been feeling very well with a cold still so looking forward to getting back to normal but with everything that's going in the world at the moment I doubt that's a possibility anytime soon!

I tried to get some milk today from a local supermarket and it was almost empty, couldn't get anything I needed! The behaviour of people in this country has been nothing but disgusting! 😔 
  • Options
    @Emmy012 they’ve all gone a bit coo coo haven’t they?!
  • Options
    Yeah it's been pretty bad here too @Emmy012 people bought out all the formula, wipes and diapers. It's despicable. I'm glad you can work from home. I hope you feel better soon and AF goes away so you can jump OH!!! 

I haven't been able to get any meat. I've only been to one store and one online grocery order because I'm trying to isolate as much as possible, but I'm going to have to go out eventually for food 🤦 my online order only came with 5 out of 30 items.i couldn't believe it. I bet all the jerks who bought all the food are also the ones running around going to restaurants still 😑
  • Options
    I am hoping this all blows over because I haven’t been able to stock up on any diapers or wipes because stores are sold out. I planned on just getting a box of each to have and be prepared, but now it’s craziness. It just makes me anxious because if she’s early like my
    son, that’s 5 weeks from now
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 if you go to pampers.com you can see which stores have the diapers you need in stock. It might be helpful 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!! What amazing news, @PinkSnow410!!!!!  Ever since you said AF was expected, but you had no sign of it, I felt quietly so hopeful for you.  It’s been genuinely lovely catching up on this thread today and seeing your faint positive from yesterday turn into a bold BFP, and an extra bold BFP digital today!!!  To jump from so faint, to so strong in such a short period of time is such a good sign too!!!

Please don’t feel like you have to keep your pregnancy talk quiet on here.  Good news on long term TTC threads is few and far between, we all know this hasn’t come easily.  You are more than entitled to shout it from the rooftops!!!! Xxxx
  • Options
    i posed an idea to a few of my friends who breast feed to see if any of their friends who are all dried up needed any..... one of my hubbys friends posted on fb asking if anyone had formula he could buy........as gross as it is there are reusable/washable diapers u can buy.....and there are ways to make baby wipes.....this is a scary time for ppl with newborns especially when u cant find food for yourself let alone ur baby......i heard that prenatal appointments are getting cancelled n maternity wards are getting closed to help with the virus :/ (dont know how true it is prob not in the usa or the uk) but having a home birth for my first terrifies me :/ thats one of the reasons y we are on the fence
  • Options
    I'm going to have a home birth @Catlady220 (God willing of course) I am going to use a midwife my whole pregnancy and hopefully I'll be able to deliver at home. (🤞 It gets that far)  I'm also a fan of reusable diapers but DH isn't so we would have both. 
  • Options
    So far, my ultrasound next week is not cancelled. The office already doesn’t allow children due to pregnant women, but they did post that my husband cannot attend with me. Only patients allowed, no extra people. I really hope it doesn’t get cancelled because I haven’t had a scan in 14 weeks
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 thanks sweetie, yes very glad I can WAH but we're so busy and I do miss the social aspect already! I've been video chatting with my colleague each day just to feel normal! OH is still at work which worries me but he doesn't get paid if they're not open and he can't work from home. I'm one of the lucky ones for sure. 
    @Aliciab90 it's driving me nuts, people have absolutely lost the plot. I managed to pick up a few things but all higher priced as that's what was left, I really feel for families that struggle as it is and that can't afford to pay for higher cost products. I went for some liners today and they had cleared out the bloody feminine products too! 🤦 Crazy crazy people.
  • Options
    @Emmy012 seriously? I think it's gonna be like this for like two weeks and will call down after. Until everyone stocks up lol. I got everything I need atm, but will have to go in couple days probably at night to get baby goat formula, I doubt it's sold out haha, wipes if they have and goat milk if they have. U said milk was cleared today, was goat cleared too? 
  • Options
    @MadDoda I didn't see I'm afraid, according to other friends our city just seems to be awful for it. People are becoming so selfish. 
    My neighbor is in a pickle as her kitchen flooded so I'm helping her and letting her use my oven and microwave etc so she can eat. We have to help each other. People are awful at times. 
    I have enough for a few days thankfully. I got some wine though, having a glass tonight because I'm sick of society 😂
  • Options
    @Emmy012 I’m still waiting for AF so I can open my bottle of red! I’ve been having the most awful cramps all day so desperate now for her to arrive so I can just move on!!!!
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 wow your plans are so motivating...and creative!! Sounds grand! 😍

@Rachel.a21 oh bless you, I hope everything goes ahead as planned (or at least as planned as is currently possible) and you're able to get everything you need. What a crazy time! How is the baby bump coming along? I think the last time we saw it was 22 weeks and you were still so tiny!!

@Emmy012 totally agree, I am despairing at the reaction of some folk. It makes me so sad that people would leave others with nothing...and on what basis? The maximum you need is 14 days, and that isn't actually that much food! Urrrrggghhh it boils my blood. If I felt well I would definitely be joining you on the wine! You, however, are proving that actually lots of people are nice though! Helping those in need. Aaahhh. ❤️

@RememberToBreathe any chance it could be other types of cramps?! 🤞❤️

Cat joined me for yoga this evening, clearly needy for some cuddles! Started to feel a bit better and now off work for four days so hoping to get out for a walk in the woods tomorrow. Lovely. Then maybe start some casual bd tomorrow? We will see. No pressure. Wedding might be postponed in June which I'm more downhearted about, but, to be honest - bigger problems in the world! It is what it is. ❤️
  • Options
    I will say that reusable nappy’s (diapers!?) are really good; my niece has them and they come in all kinds of gorgeous prints 😍

@RememberToBreathe ooo how many DPO are you?

@MadDoda how’s uni going?

as for me, I think I’m ovulating 😊 has pelvic pain and pain in one side, as well as a weird pain down the back of my right leg?! I heard somewhere that you sometimes get that with ovulation or period pain....so weird!

question: if I’m ovulating right now (pm) will my temp be high or low tomorrow??
  • Options
    My school district just closed through May 4th 😳 
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Mar 19, 2020 9:48PM

I hope it’s ok to share this, but @ginajolly90, this is 32 weeks currently 
This discussion has been closed.