Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Think I should join you guys!

Hey ladies I thought it was about time I came over to the lttc forum, I have been off the pill about 14 months now and havent had any luck! We werent really trying at the start but that has since turned into desperately trying! lol
We have just had our first clinic visit and I am waiting on blood test results. My oh is yet to give a sample as he has been working away. My Dr thinks I have nothing to worry about as I have quite regular periods and have a son who is almost 4, oh has 2 children from a previous marriage too.
I recognise a few of you from ttc forum, good luck to everyone. I look forward to sharing stories and support.
xx

Replies

• Hi Joshsmum

Welcome to ltttc and with the best of motives I hope your stay here is a short one! Hope your tests all go well.

• Hey Joshsmum

It must be so tough to get people to listen to secondary infertility but its so real. A friend of ours has taken so long to conceive her second baby and had a terrible trial getting the Dr to take notice.
    All the very best of luck
  • Hi Johns mum you just told my story!!!! LOL my son is 4 on month 15 of ttc just had 1st visit, OH to go for SA on 30/03, am also awaiting my blood results!!!! Keep in touch as we are at identical posts in the testing tun. Good luck to you xx
  • Thanks for the replies and the welcome guys.
    Daisygirl, I hope my stay is short too and yours for that matter! lol
    J-Jenko, my dr has been great and referred me staright away. The nurses who have been doing bloods also really good. I am away for my final blood test tomorrow. Its my day 1-3 blood test. I actually had it last week but my period lasted 2 minutes and was just a show so now I am definately on my period I have to have it again!
    I am normally so regular so I dont know what that was all about!
    I have yet to get to know you all and where you are all at in ttc but I wish you all good luck.

Moon Beam - How weird. I am so glad that I will have a buddy to talk to about things. Sometimes its hard to talk to my oh cos I dont want to let on how upset I get etc. He is worried about me having to go through a laparoscopy as he knows how bad I am just with needles!! A blood test is a major trauma for me! lol
    Good luck and please let me know how you go on. I cant believe our boys are the same age too! x
  • Thanks for the advice Claire, I am already doing all that and more though! lol
    I dont think I could do anymore if I try.
    I am fit and healthy. Run and gym 5 times a week. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and take pregnacare. I seldom drink and have never smoked.
    My oh is a fitmess freak too. Doesnt eat rubbish, loves the gym and doesnt drink (at all) or smoke.
    I do have to remind him to eat more and I have got him on a good multi vitamin.
    All I can put it down to is that we just need to keep bding alot!! lol And yeah I do the whole pillow under the bum trick.
    I will check out that link though. Any advice is welcome, sometimes there are little things that youd never think of on your own that others can come up with. So thanks x
  • Hi Joshsmum

A very warm welcome to this forum. There are lots of lovely ladies on here who know exactly what it's like to be waiting for that longed for BFP so come and have a chat with us whenever you like xx
  • Hi Joshsmum!
    Welcome to LTTTC! Hope no.2 shows up soon!!! and then you will have to change your name to josh&??'sMum!

xxx
  • Thankyou, Ooooh I hadnt thought about having to change my name but I do have babies names ready lol!! x
  • Going for my 21 day bloods in 2 weeks and then have to make another gynae appt so i'll let you know how it goes xx