Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you ovulate the same time each month????

Silly question I know, and you'd think I'd be able to answer this myself as I'm such a pro at BBT, OPK's etc. But I was just wondering, I do get symptoms of ovulation i.e CM (sorry if TMI), have a slightly constipated feeling (only way I can describe it although not constipated) and according to when I was doing BBT and OPK's I ovulate on CD16-18. But last few months I've been getting these from around CD10-12, along with some sharp twinges.

It could just be me thinking too hard, as have been trying for over a year now. Have given up on BBT and OPK's as I know I ovulate and am trying not to think about it all too much, Am BD'ing from CD 9-10 through to CD18-19, every other day, as we were just concentrating on a few days before I OV'd and think we may have just been missing it.....here hoping anyway!!!

Also have seen on another thread something about Preseed, does anyone know what that is??? Off to GOOGLE it now!!!!

xx

Replies

• Hi Babyhope. You can probably OV at slightly different times but this would probably alter the length of your cycle. For instance, my cycle is usually 27 days long but last month I OVd on CD12 and then my cycle was 24 days long. Have you tried using the CBFM? It's SOOO simple.

Also, preseed is a sperm friendly lubricant. It apparently mimics the PH balance of semen and helps those who have little or no CM. Which can often happen when you are BDing all the time!!

Good luck with it all. Have you been to the Drs yet?

xxx
  • I have had a couple of cycles which have been 25 days instead of my 28 days, so that could explain it. No I haven't tried the CBFM, have been thinking about it but am trying to get away from being so obsessed by it all to see if that helps!! May try doing my BBT for a month or so to see if my OV has changed.

I've been to the Dr's and had all the tests as has OH and we're both fine. Only thing they picked up on me was I was a little anemic (sorted that out with Iron pills and now Pregnacare). Had an internal scan which was also fine. We've now been referred and I have my 1st appointment with the Fertility Clinic on 11th June.

Ooh, Preseed sounds interesting, as OH often jokes I'm probably killing off his swimmers with my hostile environment..... yes he watched The Great Sperm race!!!

I'm secretly hoping for a BFP before the 11th June, especially as that's the day AF should arrive!!!!
  • Hello chick I'm laughing at your preseed question as when I wasn;t on here long I thought it was a suppliment you ate - picture the scene nice wee cup of tea and a tube of lube for me to suck on LOL

Re cycles mine are usually 27/28 days and I ov around day 13/14 of my cycle every month. Hope this helps xxxx
  • I think that because your cycles have been shorter lately thats why your ovulating earlier, its 14 days before the end of your cycle not the beginning, so the length of your cycle its bound to effect it!
    xxxxx
  • I would agree with Jess. I have a 28 day cycle and I ov on cd 14, so if your cycle length has changed your ov day will too xx