Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Keeping everything crossed (also in IVF)

Well, we're well on the way with ICSI #2 after our first cycle failed in October.

I had egg collection yesterday and was thrilled to get 4 eggs, after being told at my last scan to expect only 2.

Unfortunately, when I got the fertilisation report today it turned out that only 2 of my eggs were mature, and only 1 of them has actually fertilised successfully. Embryo transfer is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon - assuming my one little embryo survives that long. I'm so worried about it - I know the odds for its survival are no worse than they would have been if I had more than one, but I'm very conscious that I basically have all my eggs in one basket.

If we don't make it to transfer tomorrow, I think this will probably be it for our eggs and sperm - I can't justify spending this much money again and again for such a low chance of success. Plus I don't think I can take the emotional turmoil much more.

So for tonight, we're keeping everything crossed and hoping for good news in the morning - and repeating the IVF drug mantra:

Gonal-F and Cetrotide
Come on, little cells, divide!
Ovitrelle and Cyclogest
Come on, baby, do your best!

Any good luck vibes you can send our way would be very much appreciated...

Replies

• LDOM I am crossing everything possible for your Little Egg!!!!!!! I'm sure it will be a strong little Embie for you and I hope the transfer goes well tomorrow for you......Sending You a lorry load of sticky babydust, PMA, Lots and lots of luck, and a big cyber (((((((HUG)))))))) xxxxx
  • LDOM

I have *everything* crossed for you my dear. It only takes one.... And I hope and pray your little embie is a fighter. Your job now is to get yourself all relaxed and ready to make a comfy snuggly home for him/her for the next 9 months.

All the best. Sending you all the positive vibes I have.

xx
  • Keeping everything crossed for you and your little embie. I really hope everything goes to plan and that little embie can get nice and snuggled in!!

Sending big positive vibes your way!!! xxxx
  • sending you all the luck in the world chick i have everything crossed for you xx
  • LDOM - MASSIVES of luck and sticky babydust coming your way!!!!

A friend of mine has a little girl from her 2nd attempt at Chiltern!!! Hope the same happens for you!!

Good luck - divide embie divide!!!

xxxx
  • Will be praying for your little embie LDOM. Sending you all of my best positive vibes! x
  • Good Luck LDOM. Keeping everything crossed for you.
    Hope all goes well!! xx
  • Im sending you all the luck in the world xxxx
  • Everything crossed for you LDOM. I know it's not the resuklt you had hoped for, but I do know of others who have just had 1 embryo and they now have little ones. It is cheesy, but it really does only take one. Stay positive and can't wait to hear how it goes today. xxx
  • Oh LDOM I have everything crossed for you. I hope thats its a strong little embie thats going to become a beautiful baby.
    Good luck honey!
    H.xxx
  • Oh LDOM I so hope this is your special winning egg. I'll be thinking of you today xxx
  • I woke up at 4am thinking about you!! Hope everything goes well today, what time do you find out .....big hugs and baby dust xxx
  • Absolutely everything is crossed honey... I am send super sticky vibes to this special emby....
    Good luck and will be thinking of you, xxx
  • Lots of good luck vibes coming your way hun, got everything crossed for you.

Will be thinking of you today xxx
  • Best of luck!!!
    I really hope the little embie grows nice and strong and that it all goes well for you.
    xxx
  • Thank you so much all of you for all your good wishes, encouragement and good vibes - they all mean such a lot to me.

Our embryo survived the night, so transfer went ahead as planned this afternoon. Physically, apart from being very uncomfortable (I think it's worse because of my tilted cervix - either that or I'm a total wimp with a very low pain threshold), it went fine.

Emotionally, I'm a wreck - it hit me while I was lying there that I really don't want to have to go through this again, and I was just overcome with sadness at what we're having to go through to give ourselves only the slimmest chance of coming out with a baby at the end of it - and I then just couldn't stop crying, all the time I was lying there waiting for the nurse to tidy up before I got up and got dressed, while she was talking me through everything I have to do for the next two weeks, all the way through the drive home, and now I just feel totally drained.

Last time we went through this, I was so excited to be PUPO when the embryo transfer was finished. This time - not so much. I just can't bear the thought of yet another disappointment, and I think we've reached the end of the road with our eggs and sperm. If this doesn't work, it's going to be embryo donation or adoption - and the realisation that embryo donation would mean I'd still have to go through the horrible experience of transfer again just finished me off.

Sorry to put such a downer on things - I'm sure I'll be fine after I've had a bit more time to process things. xx
  • Aww sweetheart you've really been through a lot in the last few months and must've needed a really good cry.I think its natural after your disapointment last time that you do not feel excited this time. Try not to think about what happens if....Sending lots of positivity because that if might just be a pregnancy with that embie that you are carrying.
    At least your embie survived. I have absolutely everything crossed that it beds in well.
    Take care of yourself.
    H.xxx
  • What a day LDOM. I can only imagine how emotionally and physically draining the whole process must be. I really hope you spend the weekend having a nice rest and that, come Monday, you are more positive about being PUPO. We are all rooting for you chick xxx
  • Oh LDOM. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Hope that you feel a little better today.

xxxx
  • ldom i am so sorry to hear you r down. Hope today is a better day for you, hope you r taking it real easy so that embie is getting nice and comfortable. Xxx