Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

No AF for 11 months after pill, can I use CBFM?

Hi im new to this website after browsing as a guest previously!!

Im wondering if I can use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor when I dont know my cycle....I just bought the kit & having read the booklet it seems as though u have to use it on day 6 of ur cycle, & it doesnt ask u to insert a stick until it calculates when it needs 1... very clever!

Has anyone used it that dont know their cycle as i've just set it on day 5 hoping it asks me in the morning for a stick

Thanks in advance image:\?

Replies

• Hi Dani,

I would actually go to yourGP before you start using the CBFM as you could be POAS for ages .... Which will end up being really expensive. You will have to do it in batches of 10.

If you start on day 5 it will ask you to POAS from day 9.

If you want to check for ovulation why don't you buy loads if cheapie ov strips from the Internet. Your GP may be able to prescribe something to make you have an AF.

Sorry if this is not the answer you want. Xxx

[Modified by: gerbera on March 29, 2010 11:41 PM]

• Hi Gerbera

Thanks for your reply image

I never mentioned that I have been to the Doc - missed out the most important info! oops

The doc tested my blood & said everything is functioning normally, ovaries, hormones etc & that it just takes time to adapt from being on the pill.

Re: the CBFM - Last night I set it to day 5, so do u mean in 4 days time (Day 9) it will ask for a stick?

It seems to turn itself off... does it know when day 9 is still?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I have read the booklet but don't know what to do in my circumstance image xx
  • Hi Dani, you are meant to do it with FMU - so you should reset in the morning and then turn it on at the same time every morning (or within the 2 hour window).

Yes it will wait to day 9 to test - it will tell you what to do. It does go off.

Good luck.