Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Not sure if I've ovulated or not! So confused!

A little bit about me, been trying for 4 years nearly. Severe pcos and near enough non existant cycles. Obviously fertility treatment has been postponed due to covid 19. Currently on metformin and some other supplements.

Sooo.. I'm using ovusense fertility monitor and have been since July 2019 no ovulation since and have had to induce cycles. My chart has been very up and down typical pcos but about a few days ago I started getting ovulation symptoms (first time ever) ewcm, very high sex drive and steady rise in temperature. I continued to rise steadily for a couple of day and my CM changed as it should but the the last two days my temp has dropped back down and I'm having mild cramps. Heres a picture of my chart. 
Any experience of this or advice? Feeling a bit confused, deflated... Trying to optimisti!

Replies

• Hi, I'm so sorry it's so hard @Aliciab90 is in similar situation as u and she is trying out vitex, apparently works. Guess she will tell u herself. As for bbt, my most favourite app is fertility friend. It's nice clear and easy to read and analyse, it's also very good in analysing data telling u if u ovulated or not. So I strongly recommend it. Unfortunately from what I see I don't think you ovulated. It is common in pcos to get ovulation signs, but ovulation doesn't happen. Girls get many episodes of ewcm etc, but temp doesn't rise. I think vitex would be smth, u should consider. X
  • Ovusense is a grade 2 medical device which costs a couple of hundred pounds it's a sensor you insert vaginally to take your core temp every 5 mins throughout the night, it's known to be far more accurate then normal bbt and my consultant recommended it as you can't really get it wrong and you don't have to get up the same time etc. I've used FF before but the thermoter wasn't working for me due to shifts and I didn't want to wake up at 5 every morning including days off and I do nightshifts :)

Vitex was told not to take that due to the high risk it is when you're pregnant. I'm taking my ova myo plus currently but like anything you have to wait for three months for full effect I'm just so impatient lol
  • MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited May 6, 2020 12:38PM
    I know what it is, I know one girl who used it. And I know it's the best method of ovulation tracking. I just assumed that ur device uses some kind of calculation of final temp result, number u can see and rewrite into ff. I'm sorry if I was mistaken. 

I know that u can take vitex first half of cycle and stop after u induce ovulation, not sure if it would have long lasting effect in case of pregnancy, if u stop it ahead of time. 

I cant imagine how hard it is to wait months for ovulation, but lady I mentioned been here together with me a long time so I feel for both of u. My problem is exactly opposite. 

I really hope ur medication will help and u will start ovulating regularly.