Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please can I join you guys...?

Hi All

I usually post in the TTC after MC, but I'm wondering whether it's worth my while popping in here to ask this question. I know it's probably been asked a million times before but how long did you wait before going to see your GP after TTC for a while.

Briefly my story so far... Me and my DH started TTC in June 08, I then had an abnormal smear test and had to have the pre-cancerous cells removed in Sept 08, which delayed any further TTC by a couple of months. I finally got pg in June 09, but had a mc at 11 weeks in Aug 09. We were back TTC in Sept 09 and since then nothing. So it's only been 6 months since we started again after the mc, but it feels like it's approaching 2 (very interrupted) years and still no baby.

I have very regular periods of 26 days, even after the mc, I take my temperature every day, use a CBFM, use OPK's, observe my (limited) CM... what more can I do??? Funnily enough, when I read that bit back, it makes me sound really obsessed, which I'm not. I do all of the above to try and increase our chances :roll:

Anyway, if anyone has any advice about if / when to consult my GP, it would be much appreciated! I'd hate to go and get told I have to wait a year before there is any help available. That really would make me feel like I was obsessing!!!

Baby dust to all!

Lynn xxx

Replies

• Hey, I was in a similar situation. Started trying March 08 got pg in June, mcd in July. Then nothing, this month was two years since we started and I had all but given up. Had sex for fun, relaxed, stayed away from here, went running almost every day and the gym, read lots just had a really chilled month and it actually worked, still can't believe it, I didn't do it to make it work I did it because I was sick of it all. My first peice of advise, throw the thermometer away, you have regular periods, it is useful to spot a pattern or if you are irregular but then it is just more of the same. I wanted to scream at people when they said relax it will happen, now I just wish I had listened sooner. Really hope you get a sticky bfp soon xxx
  • Hey, I was in a similar situation. Started trying March 08 got pg in June, mcd in July. Then nothing, this month was two years since we started and I had all but given up. Had sex for fun, relaxed, stayed away from here, went running almost every day and the gym, read lots just had a really chilled month and it actually worked, still can't believe it, I didn't do it to make it work I did it because I was sick of it all. My first peice of advise, throw the thermometer away, you have regular periods, it is useful to spot a pattern or if you are irregular but then it is just more of the same. I wanted to scream at people when they said relax it will happen, now I just wish I had listened sooner. Really hope you get a sticky bfp soon xxx
  • Hi Lynn my Lovely

I dont think your silly to go to the GP if you want too. There is a common pattern with the relax thing & you know that ttc after mc & Ltttc girls absolutley hate that cause how can you but it works!!! If you pop over to pg after infertility there's a thread there about what we done different & the general thing is relax!!!!

You know for us this cycle we hardly even done the business Im still surprised that it was possible to get pg with such a lack of sex!!

I just know that it's gona happen for you soon hun, and it cant hurt to see your GP & discuss it with them to help take off some of the pressure.

Lots of love & luck xxx
  • Hmmmm, that old adage of "relax and it will happen"! My mum says that to me and it's like a red flag waving! However, you are both prime examples of it working, so yeah... maybe I will ditch the thermometer! I'm fed up of having to wake up at 7am at the weekends anywayimage

I might also start back at the gym, since the last time I had my BFP was when I was actually going to the gym rather than just thinking about it. I don't think I've really been since, only in my head! I'll also check out the thread in pg after infertility for some more inspiration, thanks for that tip.

BTW, massive congrats to you both on your recent BFP's. I haven't really been on BE too much recently as I find it gets me down a bit. But I love good news image Maybe some of your good fortune will rub off.

Hugs all round xxx