Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A very sad update

Hi All,

I have heard from our Sarah today and I have some very sad news and she wanted me to pass it all onto you.

She was rushed into hospital on Sunday and on Monday she had an emergency operation to remove two ectopic pregnancies.

Her right tube has been destroyed and has been removed totally, her left tube is not good at all. Her chance of having another ectopic pregnancy is 20% and it appears that IVF will be her only way of conceiving now, but at present understandably it is far to raw to even think about this at present.

She has come home from hospital today, but is understandly very sore and tired both mentally and physically.

She will be in touch soon but she is going to have a good break so she can recover.

I know you will all join me in sending all our love to an absolutely amazing lady,

xxxx

[Modified by: RachieS on 03 December 2009 14:05:36 ]

Replies

• I don't really know Sarah, but I can't help feeling for her all the same.

Please pass on love and wishes for her and her family xxx
  • Again, I don't really "know" Sarah, but I am aware of her story, and was so pleased when she got her BFP.
    This really is so very sad, and I wish her and her husband all the best, and wish her a speedy recovery
    Love TW xx
  • Oh I am so Sad reading this I was wondering where sarah had got to as i had not seen her here for a while, I truely hope she has a speedy recovery and am sending lots of Love to Her and her husband. I just can't believe it Oh I'm so sorry Sarah......Love and Hugs Sianni xxxx
  • Oh, what tragic news. Sarah - I am so very sorry.

We are thinking of you, and will welcome you back with virtual open arms when you are ready to come back.

• -

[Modified by: *Tink* on December 04, 2009 11:49 AM]

• What horrible news. Im so sorry.

I know everyone feels differently but having had an ectopic last year i can understand what you might be going through right now.

I was a mess for weeks, and it took me 5 weeks to be back to work. I just wanted to lock the door and hide. I really hope you are being well looked after and that your hubby is also receiving some support. If you feel ready i had some amzing support from the girls over in ectopic support. I was logging on nearly every day, hubby thought i was obessed but it got me through the toughest of times.

I know right now you just need to be able to grieve for your lost babies, but you will find the strengh to get through this. You are stronger than you think

I also found some good books that helped. When you feel ready, if you would like to know more i am happy for you to ask anything, (I am also now looking at IVF) and also can recommend the books.

Again, sending you lots of love and (((Hugs)))

Gem xxx

• Sarah, I'm in tears. I am so very sorry honey. I wish I could give you a big hug. I hope that you recover as quickly as possible, both physically and mentally.

Take as much time as you need. I am devastated for you.

Much love to your and your DH.

Mail me if you want to.

So very sad. I'm so sorry.

xxxxx
  • Oh Sarah, that's awful - I'm so so sad for you. I was so excited when you got your BFP, and now for this to happen...

Take time to grieve, and we'll be here to welcome you when you feel ready to come back.

Sending you huge ((((hugs)))) and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers xxxx
  • Sarah I am so sorry to hear this news! Please look after yourself you are in all of our thoughts and prayers xx
  • So sorry for your awful news sarah. I hope you are taking great care of yourself and you and your hubs take care of each other. I'm so very sorry xxxxx
  • So so sorry to hear this news.
    sending you lots of love and best wishes.
    Take care
    xxxx
  • gosh I'm so so sad, and really sorry for you Sarah.

These words will mean nothing to you at the moment because I just can't imagine how you're feeling, but in time I hope you find some comfort in everyone on here's messages and that you gain hope which you have given me so much of and will try for your babies with IVF.

It works for so many people so don't lose all hope, you'll get there, it's just a dreadful battle for you.

so sorry.

LEC xxx
  • My heart just sank reading this. Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear this. Words are just not enough, but be assured that we are all thinking of you and sending our love to you and your OH. Take care of yourselves x
  • This is such terrible news, I am absolutely completely devastated for you Sarah sweetie. There are really no words that can be of much comfort to you right now, but if you're reading honey, just remember that we're all here for you and will be there to help you pick up the pieces when the time is right. Lots of Love honey xxxx TBD
  • I'm thinking of you Sarah xxxxx
  • Hi Girls ...
    I have sent Sarah an email this morning and passed on all your love and thoughts to her.
    xxx
  • Sarah I am so terribly sorry, im devasted for you.

We are all here when you are feeling strong enough.

Sending you lots of love & hugs sweetheart xxx
  • God, this is such sad news. I am so sorry to read this Sarah - I can't believe how unlucky you have been.
    I hope that you are coping ok and am sending you lots of gentle hugs honey. I'm so sorry to hear this.
    xxxx
  • OH Sarah hunny, im so very sorry for your awful loss. My heart truely goes out to you.
    Im thinking of you at this very sad time.
    Lots of Luv n Hugs sweet. xxxxxxxxxx
  • I don't know you Sarah but my thoughts are with you. What a horrid thing to happen. I hope your family and friends are looking after you well and you enjoy a nice break over Christmas.x