Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Please help- advice with different clear blue test results and brown/white spot.

Hello ladies- i found out on saturday i am expecting. My last period was on 11April and my cycles are very irregular but my march period was on 9th march so not that long cycle. I took a pregnancy test 3 days back. Clear blue showed 3 + week but i have been very anxious. This is our first and i have infertility history since 2018. 
i have booked midwife appointment for 8th week but i am still feeling very scared so i took a test again in afternoon and it showing 2-3 weeks. Why is there different reading? does that mean i might loose it?
On 16th i did with first morning urine which resulted in 3 plus week and today  took in afternoon and it showing 2-3 weeks. Plus today i am also feeling periods on its way and can see 1 dot mixed with brown and white discharge when i wipe. what it can be? 

Replies

• any help please!!!
  • Hi lovely, the drop in your Clearblue weeks indicator may simply be because you used afternoon wee instead of FMU.  I have also heard that the weeks indicator is unreliable and a source of a lot of unnecessary anxiety!  And I believe it also doesn’t work very well if you are more than 6+ weeks gone.  

The spotting can be completely normal.  Brown blood indicates old blood, and could simply be left over implantation bleeding or something to do with the placenta growing and attaching itself.  I do understand your concerns and fears though, as I have been through two miscarriages myself!  But try not to stress just yet.  Keep an eye on the spotting, to see that it doesn’t get heavier and redder, and mention it to your midwife/doc. If you can, perhaps try testing again with FMU and see what it says?  Period-like cramps are also totally normal in pregnancy - it may just be your womb stretching and preparing for the months ahead.  Given you fertility difficulties and worries, you may be able to get in for an earlier viability scan, which will hopefully set you mind at ease. Stay calm, stay strong!  You’ve battled for so long and so hard already, you can get through this! X
  • Hi lovely, the drop in your Clearblue weeks indicator may simply be because you used afternoon wee instead of FMU.  I have also heard that the weeks indicator is unreliable and a source of a lot of unnecessary anxiety!  And I believe it also doesn’t work very well if you are more than 6+ weeks gone.  

The spotting can be completely normal.  Brown blood indicates old blood, and could simply be left over implantation bleeding or something to do with the placenta growing and attaching itself.  I do understand your concerns and fears though, as I have been through two miscarriages myself!  But try not to stress just yet.  Keep an eye on the spotting, to see that it doesn’t get heavier and redder, and mention it to your midwife/doc. If you can, perhaps try testing again with FMU and see what it says?  Period-like cramps are also totally normal in pregnancy - it may just be your womb stretching and preparing for the months ahead.  Given you fertility difficulties and worries, you may be able to get in for an earlier viability scan, which will hopefully set you mind at ease. Stay calm, stay strong!  You’ve battled for so long and so hard already, you can get through this! X
    thanks hun, i did a test today with early morning urine it's again showing 3+. i will mention my worries to midwife for the early scan, hope they will arrange else will pay privately.