Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ANYONE ON METFORMIN?

Hi!
We have been TTC since April this year and have been having really odd cycles (48, 35,39,39 and 60 days).
I have had bloods done and a scan and have been diagnosed as PCOS. I had thought this for a while so was no shock to us although other than irregular cycles have no other symptoms.
Anyway my GP has been fab and prescribed me Metformin to help regulate my cycles. I am on day 38 of god knows how long a cycle (BFN today).
Is anyone on Metformin and does it help? I am waiting for AF to show up before I start taking it but was hoping to hear from others who are in the same boat.
Thankyou
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Zojo!
    I am on Metformin, was diagnosed with PCOS in June and put on Metformin in July, after about 3 months of being on it gynea decided i still wasn't ov so i'm now on Met and Clomid. It didn;t help me as i have non existant af's and they still didn;t come on Af. I'm on my first cycle of Clomid and tested tomorrow!!
    Sxx
  • Options
    hi, i'm on metformin. i'm on 1500mg a day. my cycles did regulate to about 35 days but seems like it didn't last as i'm now i'm on cd55 with no sign of af so god knows whats going on with my body. maybe my bodies got used to it now and doesn't work anymore. think i'll have to go back to gp in the new year.

good luck with it i hope it helps you.