Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Losing weight - anyone else?

Hi All (grrr 3rd attempt - BE ate my post!)

I thought that it would be useful to have a thread for those of us on here who are also trying to lose some (or lots!) of weight.

I've got 5st to lose imageops: , and 9lbs gone already image . Another 3lbs to go and I'll have lost 5% of total body weight. I do feel much better for it. I am doing WW Online which is working well (as long as I don't 'forget' to record food I've eaten....). I've also taken up walking reasonable distances, which is also making me feel much better.

Anyone else out there?

xxxx

Replies

• Hi yes I wiil join you if thats ok.
    I have been going to WW classes since last October, have lost 16lb so far and have another 3 stone to loose.
    I keep saying I will join a gym but have not got round to it yet, keep putting it off as I fing gym work so boring. I have been walking a lot with DH at the weekend so at least I am doing a bit of activity and am on my feet all day at work so I dont feel like too much of a slob.
    Congrats on the weight loss so far,
    Good luck for this week
    YC x
  • Im doing WW at home, lost 2 stone last year gained 10 ibs over christmas so I am on a mission to lose that again and some more. xx
  • Count me in!!! I have 3 to 4 stone to loose. Does everyone think WW is the best option? Just worried as I'm always hungary.....
    NJH xxx
  • I have not really tried any others as it works for me. If you like salad and vegitables you will be fine because they are all free so you need never be hungry xx
  • NJH

WW is good for me because there are 'free' foods - so it's things like bulking up on veg which does fill you up, but at much lower calorie intake. I'm not a huge vegetable eater (getting better) but it is manageable. Another thing I try to do while on WW is to pick things which are low GI and thus less likely to make my blood sugar go up and down (and cause me to want to eat more). I have started having Oatibix with yoghurt in the morning, and that really helps keep me going through to lunch. Compare that, say, to a bacon sandwich, followed by chocolate or something sweet to balance the flavours, and Diet coke before lunchtime. oooh dear - that's what got me to the weight I am now!!

xxx
  • Please can I join?!?

Im too doing WW - not online or class. I have all the recent books as mother in law attends. In 2 weeks ive done 5 llbs, so feel good about that.

I have about 3 stone to lose. I lost about a stone last year quite easily so know I can do it - just requires will power!!!

I do believe that losing weight is a big player in ttc.

xxx
  • I had 3 stone to loose - I have lost 12lb in a month by just cutting down
    on chocolate, biscuits, crisps, booze and cheese - and it's done wonders .... IVF meeting in 10 days need to loose 5 lbs by then and I'll be happy. Good luck to you all xx
  • Bloody Iphone x

[Modified by: gerbera on February 27, 2010 01:08 AM]

on chocolate, biscuits, crisps, booze and cheese - and it's done wonders .... IVF meeting in 10 days need to loose 5 lbs by then and I'll be happy. Good luck to you all xx
  • Hi Hun

Thanks for starting this thread!

Ive got around 3 stone to loose, i was doing great & more TTC upset caused me to derail & ive put more weight on.
    Its making me miserable so im thinking of going on the PCOS diet, or going back on weight watchers.

XXXXX
  • Hey Ladies,

Well i start my ''lifestyle diet'' on monday. Gym 5 times a wk and eating HEALTHY HEALTHY HEALTHY! i've got about 30kgs to lose (not sure what that is in st but its alot).

But I know how the BPN make alot of us eat

Karina xx
  • Hey

I could do with losing at least 15-20kg and to fit the IVF criteria - if it comes to it, I will need to be at least 6kgs lighter- which I was before xmas but too much good living kicked in!! and I haven't been able to get back on track but I will,
    Slimming World is my diet, bit like WW has loads of free foods and nothing is NOT allowed which is totally what I need- as seen as soon as I'm not allowed, all I can do is think about and crave it.
    Bit like everything with TTC needs lots of PMA to survive xx
  • *puts hand in air*

I need to lose 5 stone before I can get any assistance on the NHS - better get it done before I'm too old!

Also doing WW online, and exercising on my wii fit image
  • How is everyone doing this week? I'm being reasonably good about sticking to points, doing lots of walking, but no movement on the scales as yet (Monday is my weigh-in day)... ho hum!
  • I've lost 2 KGS!!! so happy, only 8 more to go till I can start Clomid!
  • No real movement either way, hardly surprised had dinner out and a takeaway, plus more than 1 bar of choc.......hmmmm best put that down to a bad week and have aserious word with myself!!
    I will... and can get thinner LOL xx
  • I am feeling quite proud, mostly free foods all week out tonight so climbed on the scales to check and have lost 4ibs. Will go for a run tomorrow and hope that holds it at 4 until Monday official weigh day! xx Well done miss 88

Stick bird we are all entitled to a bad week, we will get there xx
  • This morning I had my first appointment with the consultant since my HSG and Lap, although I have lost 1 stone - i need to lose another 1 stone 10 lbs in the next 9 weeks before my next appointment. so here we go - joined the gym - will start swiming twice a week and two classes plus trying to get out on my bike at the weekend.

i therefore need to lose over 2lb a week!! what do we think the chances of that are. either that or I need to grow a foot in height !!!
    well done everyone so far - keep it up.

xxx
  • Hi Ladies, Can I join you? I have put on 2 stone since December. Got BFP 16th Dec, then m/c at 10 wks. I've just comfort eaten and need to do something about it!

I was a size 14 in summer, now an 18 and feeling frumpy. Just started TTC again, but TBH I don;t feel that sexy as I am.

I might join the WW online. Is it expensive? x