Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got my Laparoscopy tomorrow any advice?

Hi,

I'm going in hospital tomorrow for a laparoscopy does anyone have any good advice or what to expect cos I'm getting more and more nervouse as the night goes on!!

Kim

Replies

• Wear some loose trousers, e.g. tracky bottoms as you can feel a bit bloated afterwards. Peppermint tea also helps with this. Good luck, hope it all goes well! x
  • Hope everything went ok, do you get your results straight away, let us know how you got on
    xx
  • Hi,

I'm home and a bit achey in my ribs from the gas, bruised on my tummy and (tmi warning) bleeding very heavy.

I got told bits when i was out of recovery but i was so drowsy i'm a bit confussed! My consultant said he removed a lesion but i don't know what it is/was or why i had one!! Then he said "the chlamdia hasn't damaged anything" which I said oh ok. It's only now I'm wondering WTF cos I'm married, I've not slept around previously, and didn't know i've ever had it! I hope the hospital don't think I'm a slapper!!

Not sure how long it'll be till i get to see my consultant for the official results but i'll keep you updated.

Kim x
  • definitely get some peppermint tea or peppermint cordial in... I got terrible trapped wind between my shoulder blades about 14 hours after I had mine which was worse than any of the other effects. I know a couple of other people who have had the same so may be best to be prepared.

Hope you feel better soon.... fingers crossed it will all be worth it in the end!

TT