Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

trying for a clomid bump! want to join me (take 2!) :D

Replies

• hey all just an update well it been 2 weeks since i had a weird bleed last thurs i had a bit of red blood just spotting not much at all on fri i had a bleed but it was brown well it went on for a few days but if i put all of the bleed in one it would have only used one towel sorry TMI i never had AF pains at all well i have been having AF pains and my back hurts so confused at the min could i be PG
  • Hi all,

Snowie - thanks for that, definitely reassuring to know! They've settled down over the last few days to normal levels so fingers crossed will ov shortly.

JanJan - thanks. I'm on 50mg of clomid at the moment, so no scans or monitoring, just a get on with it! Hope the injections are going well, you're very brave I don't think I could do it!

Hope everyone has nice weekends planned....
  • Hi,
    Everyone keeps saying how brave I am. But I've only had one injection so far and didn't do that one myself. Hoping to have the next one the same day as scan so not sure if I'll do that one myself either. Thanks tho.

Bleugh - I'm only on 25mg clomid at the mo as apparently I have low bmi.
    I'm private tho as already have one child. Maybe he wants to get as much money out of me as poss lol

Happy BDing all!
  • hi lady i tuck clomed in 2004 never went to any scans or had any blood tests my nurse just gave them to me tuck 5 tablets then by my supprise i was having a baby i had a butifull baby boy i have now again tuck my last clomed tablet so fingers crossed it works this time just as quick i have 2 boys would love a girl will keep u posted good luck to u all ladys xxx
  • Hello Ladies, Thought I would give an update. The nurse rang to say that I didnt ovulate as i had a low level of 17. I kinda knew that because I didnt have any cramps and didnt test positive on the OPKs I used and the biggest give away is that I have been spotting since Saturday. She is going to ring me back 2mro to let me know if I can start on 100mg or if I should continue on 50mg, she thinks that the cyst I had could have prevented me from ovulating. I doubt it though because it shrank by its self. She still told me to a preg test, although I dont see the point. I have some spares so guess I should do it. Roll on 2mro !!
  • Hiya ladies,

welcome taylorniki, good to hear your success with your first and hopefully the clomid will do the trick and you will get your BFP very soon

Mimi so sorry u didn't ovulate, I had to do a pg test last month and didn't see the point either, hopefully the docs will let you have the 100mg next month

Meagnella, did u do a test?

Little update from me, had a mamoth bding session, 5 nights on the trot and poor hubbie was on nights :0), having a night off tonight, probably shouldn't but we're both tired and will try once more tomorrow and maybe wed, had my hcg injection yesterday so should ov today or tomorrow.

Feeling full of pma and i have some spare so heres some for everyone

xxx
  • Morning ladies, Sorry not been on for a while but have had a busy weekend with friends wedding and I got so drunk! It was lovely to have a weekend without thinking about things to be honest I really let my hair down.

Welcome to the new ladies,

Maegnella you will only know if you test image

FC30 that is erally good going with your hubby working nights mine was just so shattered last month and after al that it wasnt worth it anyway with no ovulating.

AFM I am now on CD 38 and no sign of AF coming so I will bve ringing the nurse tomorrow to get a prescription for Provera then up the dose for me. x
  • Meagnella - definitely do a test - when do you think is AF should be due?

Mimi - hope you've heard from the nurse...did you do a pregnancy test?

FC - wow!! That's all I can say!! ?????? Be good to have a night off, sure it'll be fine too - his little swimmers can survive for a few days.

Mrs C - sounds like a good weekend, nice just to think you can have a drink and not have any worries about whether you should feel guilty! Sorry to hear evil AF still hasn't turned up, hope you get on Provera soon.

I've started our BD'ing week on Sunday - every other day, with maybe an extra couple around CD15 just to be sure! Feeling really positive this month too, although was hoping to have a super relaxing weekend to start us off but work was horrible on Friday so been abit stressed - but things are getting better now. Just booked a week off work mid-Sept around our second wedding anniversary, not sure where to go yet - we've said it'll depend on whether I get pregnant this month...if I'm pregnant, it'll be a nice UK holiday, if I'm not, it'll be Nice or Cannes or anywhere we can think of to relax and drink cheap wine!

xxx
  • Good Morning Snowie,
    She rang me yesterday and said I could start 100mg. which is good, hopefully it will kick my ovaries into gear. I did a preg test which was negative. So I get to start the tabs today, and am slightly worried that a higher dose will mean side effects. I guess it will all be worth it in the end. I've got my scan booked for the 27th August. One thing to add though, I am having a proper period but it is brown blood and not so red as my previous periods b4 clomid. I always though that was old blood? I ordered my CBFM and a cheaper version of pree seed so looking forward to some serious BDing soon. yay!
  • Good news Mimi that you can up your dose, hope you don't get too many side effects

Mrs C, sounds like you had a lovely weekend, sorry to hear the evil witch hasn't arrived, hopefully your doc will sort that for you soon

Snowie, good luck with the b'ding, we're thinking the same for holidays, I've just been getting quotes for the maldives, but would much prefer a BFP and holiday in the uk.

Hubs had a bit of a meltdown last night, proper sobbing his heart out which he very rarely does, he said he feels like a failure for not being able to give me what i really want, it made me realise how much he is hurting too, we had a long chat and i think i might have a month off before the 4th cycle (if i need it) just to give us a break from it all.

Has anyone else thought of this.

xxx
  • Hi Ladies, I was wondering if I can join you? I had a lo 2 years ago with the help of metformin and clomid and been trying for No. 2 for sometime now, back on metformin but I have to wait for the clomid

xxx
  • Hi everyone

Mimi - how are you finding 100mg? Hope you've not had any side effects. Not sure about bleeding, but Clomid does seem to mess your system up quite abit - my AF was always 6 days, it's now 1 day of heaving bleeding and 3 days of hardly anything.

FC - so sorry to hear about your hubby, sounds like he's hurting as much as you. Glad you had a good chat though, definitely good to keep talking when you're going through something like this - to know how you both feel about things and be a support to each other. Hopefully you won't need a month off, but if you do, it does sound like a nice idea especially if you're planning a holiday too - Maldives sounds amazing!! What would you do, miss a month of Clomid or just not temp chart/monitor etc? We're hoping that next month we can relax abit more - mainly as taking Clomid now feels like part of my routine - but we'll have holiday to focus on and our wedding anniversary too.

Welcome desperate! Glad to hear your success two years ago - how long are you having to wait for Clomid?

Hope you all have nice plans for the weekend!

• Happy Friday all!
    FC - Sorry to hear about hubby. We do sometimes forget how they feel as it's our bodies that are getting put through it. Me & my hub are fed up with seeing pregnant women everywhere! I must see at least 2 every day but today wit was 4 and now Lily Allen must be in the paper practically every day!

Clomid definitely messes you up. My cycle has got shorter after the first month and sounds like this month too. Went for my Day12 scan yest. First ovary had 3 follicles of 11mm which he thought was small and then he looked at other ovary and told me that I must have already ovulated! Something about fluid and lining plus comparing to Day9 scan findings last month confirmed what he thought. Last month I had HCG jab on Day11 but now wonder whether I needed it. Didn't need it this month. Was told to BD last night today.

Are you all abstaining from drinking alcohol at the mo? We haven't told anyone we're trying let alone having fertility treatment so I don't want to raise any suspicions from not drinking where poss. Quite often we go out and I drive but tomorrow for instance has been planned a while for the wives of a group of friends to get together for a drink as we're usually the drivers. I feel like I should stop drinking but I don't drink that much normally but will feel expecially bad tomorrow if I've ovulated.

Anyway, enough rambling. Enough your weekendsimage
  • Hi all, hope you had a lovely weekend, i did, we had a family weekend away, the weather made it!

6dpo tomorrow, still feeling quite positive

Jan jan i haven't stopped drinking completely, this weekend i had a drink as we were all staying in a hotel together so didn't really have an excuse, I usually just try to drink sensibly.

Snowie, do you get 21 day bloods this month, good luck with that if you do

Mrs C, did you get your provera? hope so and then you can move onto cycle 3

(((waves)))

xxx
  • Morning Ladies,

I finished my last dose of 100 mg last night and I havent had any side effects as yet, although i have been feeling quite hot at night, and i think i had that last time too. I finally started using my CBFM but had a few probs this morning because it kept telling me to eject my stick evening after re-inserting..... oh well. i have my scan on Friday and i'm hoping that i odnt have any cysts this time and then i guess i'll have to go back for 21 day bloods. i wouldnt say that I'm not drinking alcohol, because i'm not a big drinker, but i guess it could help. We'd better get used to it now it will make those 9 months easier. Have a good day everyone x
  • Hey ladies,

FC keep up that PMA it will be your month!

I have not got my provera prescription the fertility nurse has not even rung me back yet so to say I am a little annoyed is a tad understated! If I had rung my GP she would have had a prescription for me that night that I could have got and started the next day. but as the nurse said the GP should not be getting involved in the treatrment I daren't ring her this time. Her voicemail stated that with annual leave and the fact she is clinically based to give her a day or too to return my call. I think this is a bit much though. x
  • Hello

Jan - I know how you feel about being fed up - every other woman I seem to see is pregnant and so many celebs are either pregnant or giving birth! No escape! That's good to know it looks like you ovulated - hope you managed to BD that night. I'm not abstaining from alcohol - I don't have a lot - few glasses of wine a week, and keep using driving as an excuse not to go mad. It's my brother's birthday at the weekend and his girlfriend is planning on it being a pretty boozy night, so I'm just going to take my time with the alcoholic drinks and have plenty of soft drinks in between.

FC - your weekend sounds lovely! Weather was really great yesterday. How long are you going to wait to test - when is AF due? Yes, I've got my CD21 bloods on Friday.

Mimi - glad you've not had any side effects. Never used a CBFM but heard they can be abit tricky. Hope your scan goes well on Friday!

Mrs C - that's really annoying - can't believe she's not been in touch! And you'd think someone would check her voicemail if she's out and about. I'd give it another day and then call her back and say it's been nearly a week.

As for me - had a lovely weekend but no BD image We BD'ed on CD13 and I got a smiley face on my OPK on CD14 but we tried BD on CD15 and hubby couldn't do it...we gave it three tries over the weekend but nothing. The pressure has really got to him this month and he's finding it really difficult to just ???????perform??????? on demand. We had a good chat about it yesterday which has helped and I told him not to worry - I really feel for him and know he's going through it as much as I am...but it's so hard when we've gone through so much with my operation, so many tests, scans, blood tests etc and now Clomid and then to feel like we've fallen at the last hurdle - the bit that should be the fun part. But I'm keeping up the PMA - maybe the CD13 did the trick and we have a chance - otherwise it'll be on to month 4. AF is due around 6 September so will probably do a test the weekend before. Plus nice long, bank holiday weekend to look forward to and a week off mid-Sept.

Hope you're all well

xxx
  • Hello all,

I have been reading this thread and the last one for about 3 months now and have found it really useful in answering questions and giving me things to check with my GP.
    I have been trying for almost 2 years and after tests have found that I am not ovulating. I have taken 2 cycles of 50mg Clomid and one cycle of 100mg but am still not there after the 21 blood test. I have not been offered and scans.
    Has anyone been increased to 150mg?

Thanks
    Tanyaeli.
  • Hi Tanyaeli, sorry the clomid has not worked for you yet.

I'm sure there are people on the PAI forum that have been on 150mg

Best of luck

GGRRRR to the doc Mrs C, have you rung them back, how fustrating, what a crap service we receive!

Snowie that sounds so much like us last month, we do forget what a toll it is for them too, hopefully those swimmers will have hung around and found their way, good look for Friday x

Mimi, fingers crossed that Fridays scan shows everything you want it to xxx

AFM had a little brown spotting yesterday but all cleared up today, trying to stay positive, my work mate told me yesterday that his wife was pg, which was really hard to take, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger xxx
  • Hello ladies, hope you are all well.

Welcome Tanyaeli, do you track your temperature at all? I've ov'd on days 17 and 18 on clomid so if you've ov'd later in your cycle than day 14 if my understanding is right (and it might not be) then the blood test wouldn't show ov, however a sustained temp shift would show ov.... Might be something to look into.... I'm pretty sure there have been others on 150mg, so fingers crossed that works for you.

Fingerscrossed - glad your feeling positive - I think I'm due about the same time as you, so lots of baby dust to you.

JanJan - I've tried totally avoiding alcohol and being normal - I actually found out I was pg a month I'd drank loads in the 2ww. However, I had a miscarriage so I now avoid drinking in the 2ww but do have the odd glass before ov.... I think i need to blame the mc on something - probably totally irrational and therefore by not drinking i wont be able to think what if, which is how I feel now.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty depressed this month, which is unlike me. I suppose I feel that now I'm ov regularly it would work really quickly, but it's not that simple is it! I don't think we've done it this month so trying to think about next cycle, next docs appt on the 31st and I've just booked an accupuncture appt for a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed that will work again!

Sorry for the negativity!