Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

trying for a clomid bump! want to join me (take 2!) :D

Replies

• Hi everyone

Welcome Tanyaeli - glad you've found this thread as helpful as we have! Sorry to hear your two cycles haven't worked and annoying that you've not had scans or blood tests. But like FC said, I think they will increase you to 150mg - when are you going to back to see them?

FC - thanks hun - we do forget what they go through but things have definitely helped after talking it through. Yes, hoping that the swimmers have hung around!! Sorry to hear about your workmate, do they know you're trying? A woman at my place went on maternity yesterday and all day they kept talking about babies and births and they all know what I'm going through so that was difficult to hear. Spotting could be positive though - be about right time for implantation! image

Bleurgh - sorry to hear you're feeling so down. Yes, you do think that once things are working than things will happen really quick. But stay positive, it might have worked this month and if not, you know you've ovulated and next month could be your month - acupuncture will probably help to relax you too.

AFM, had my blood test this morning - been doing so well the last couple of months and getting my confidence up, and then she couldn't find a good vein and was proding around and when she did it just keeping bleeding...sorry if I'm putting anyone off their lunch!! image But went to stand up and went very wobbly so was told to sit back down for 5mins and try again.

Hope you all have nice bank holiday weekends planned

xx
  • Advice please. If consultant said I ovulated last Thursday, is there any chance I could be getting period today? Had spotting like my period usually starts but surely it's early. Am so hoping it's implantation spotting but doubt I'm that lucky. Never had implantation spotting on other 2 pregnancies. Is there any hope for me? And if the bleeding continues I won't know whether I should start taking clomid tomorrow as period would be early and of course can't get in touch with consultant over weekend. Was so looking forward to this weekend but now I'm confused and depressedimage
  • hey all i will catch up on the thread sorry it takes me so long to get back to you all did a test was -ive

i got an AF yesterday so on to round 2 of clomid of 50mg as they said to try this dose again
  • Update - This is definitely AFimage Last one was 8/8 so from that day this one is 8 days early. Or if consult is confident that I ov on 19th then that makes this AF 5 days early. Still so confused and depressed. Not gonna take clomid today, gonna have month off as I would have liked to have discussed this with consult first but typical it's happened at weekend.
    Has clomid messed anyone else up this bad and early?
  • Hi Ladies,

Well I had my scan on Friday and they found 4 biggish follicles, one was 28 so I suspect it is another cyst, the nurse told me it would be too dangerous to BD unless we want quads! and so unless we use condoms (my other half hates them, especially after not using for 6 yrs!) we cant BD. I still have to go for a blood test on day 21 and then have another appointment for another scan just before my nxt AF. i'm a little disappointed, Especially as it means having more time off work, ive used the dentist twice, problems with my car, and so I think I'm going to have to take the day as annual leave to avoid any questions. I cant stand my boss and she talks about people behind their back all the time, so thats why I'd rather keep this private.

I will be scanned by one of the Drs this time, but i'm anxious to know what they will say, coz I only had a level of 17 on 50mg and it looks like i am over stimulating with 100mg. Also to make matters worse I got the top reading on my CBFM this morning. boo hoo ......

Sorry to be so miserable i hope you ladies have a gr8 bank holiday weekend. I'm getting ready to go to the carnival!
  • hey everyone, CD1 for me, so starting 100mg of clomid tomorrow, other than AF arriving I'm having a great weekend, hope you all are xx

Snowie, sorry you had a tough time with the bloods, blood doesn't like parting from me either!

Jan jan, sorry your having to have a month off, you never no it might do you both good, i was thinking of it myself but the holiday we are planning has been put off till Oct so will be having a month off then instead (hopefully i won't need it)

Mimi, how fustrating, it is difficult getting the time off isn't it, i don't want to tell anyone at work and am also running out of excuses.

Welcome back Meagnella, sorry she got u too

xx
  • Hi everyone

So sorry to hear that AF has arrived for FC, JanJan and Meagnella. Think she's on her way to me too - had some cramps last night and brown spotting this morning, also did a preg test yesterday which came up negative so looking like I'll be joining you before the end of the week.

Mimi - sorry to hear you're going through such a frustrating time. Really annoying that you can't tell work - can you just say you have an appointment and need to leave early or are they a nosy bunch?

• Hello ladies!
    I had my second fertility treatment today and he's very happy that I've been oving and responding well to the 50mg of Clomid. I showed him my charts from fertility friend and he told the junior doctor they were perfect examples image he he! So he's wants me to have nine months total on clomid and sent me away for four months to let us try without stress.

How longs everyone elses 2ww been on clomid? I'm on day 15 today and no sign yet and I normally spot for a few days before hand. I know clomid can length your cycle but would it change on consecutive months??

Lots of hugs to everyone whose AFs have arrived, I fully expect to be joining you tomorrow but here's hoping for a bumpiful September...

Bx
  • Hi everyone,
    Just been reading back and everything seems to be going smoothly for everyone but there don't seem to have been any bfps yet- let's hope we can change that soon.

I'm on day 23 now of cycle 2 of clomid 100m & met and I had a lap and ovarian drilling 3 weeks ago.

I came back from 2 weeks hol in Cape Verde on monday (which I would recommend-it was fab!!). 'm feeling so much more relaxed now about ttc I think hitting the 12 mth mark of ttc has taken some o the presure off strangely. Before I went on holiday I promised myself I'd stop stressing about it all as the only thing I can do and control is remembering to take my tablets and bd'ing regularly. To be honest I feel like I've stuck two fingers up at the stork this month. I have drank like a fish, eaten whatever I wanted, sandboarded, been off-road jeeping and beach buggying bd'd loads (haha) and generally pleased myself and I feel so much better for it whether the cycle works or not. I don't think the clomid has worked this month as I feel pretty much the same as last month. Having said that - warning tmi- on day 21 after bd'ing I had few light pink spots of blood when I wiped. I never bleed after bd'ing and (blushes)... I don't think it was particularly intense so I wondered at the time whether it coul be implantation bleeding or late ovulation. I don't get spotting before my af either but perhaps the ov drilling might have messed my cycle up a bit. I did a test yesterday and got a bfn. Really don't think it has worked but I am keeping up the approach I've decided to take.

On holiday I was lucky enough to see turtles nesting and laying eggs etc on the beach and I got to hold one which was amazing. Sory to sound cheesy but it really made me think of how nature made sure of so many steps in the process without the turtle being aware of cbfms ov stick day 21 tests or right days to bd haha. It made me thinking if I'm worrying so much maybe nature can't do it's job and maybe me feeling out of control of it all at times is a good thing xx
  • Hi

Bleurgh - great news! That's fab that you're ovulating and have perfect charts too! Good that you've got 9 months on Clomid too but hopefully you won't need it! My 2ww has been lengthen by Clomid - used to be 28 days but last few have been around 32 days.

Welcome back Hope! A guy at work has just come back from there and loved it - not sure where he went, think it was the biggest island, but said it was super relaxing and is desperate to go back! Sounds like an amazing trip! Could be implantation bleeding - sounds about the right time - probably abit early for testing to show anything, maybe wait until the weekend and try again? Loving your attitude though - so cute about the turtles - hopefully a relaxed approach will let your body take control again. I think stress has a massive impact and it can take a holiday or just break from the norm to help you relax - hate people that tell you to ???????relax and it will happen??????? - you have to decide to relax yourself.

I got my blood tests results - 66 - a lot lower than it's been before but had the test on CD21 rather than CD23 due to bank holiday weekend so think that might have affected it. But I definitely ovulated which is good.

xx
  • Hey ladies,

I feel like I belong again I am now on CD3 YIPPEE BLOODY DO DAH!!!! Ha after 53 days. And I have not had to take the Provera it came all on its own!!!! just too late!

So I am no CD3 (3rd Sept) easy to remember ha and taking 100mg and got a scan booked in for 13th September to check follies x
  • Morning ladies

Well its CD1 for me today.

Mrs C - congrats that AF arrived!! Good that you didnt need provera, but annoying that it took so long to come on it's own!! Hopefully 100mg will work and 13th will show some nice big follicles! image

Hope everyone has a nice weekend

xx

• well after my optimistic charts are wonderful post its come to bite me on the bum... I'm now close to a week late - so a three ww if this continues in future months. Two BFNs and I don't feel pregnant. It's just sooo frustrating. I thought we were really starting to get somewhere with a 32 day cycle last month but now we've just seemed to have reversed the problem with a shorter first stage of cycle but with a really long LP arrrrghhh - so ultimately not got as many chances than people with a 'normal' length cycle.

Sorry vent over !
  • Hi all, hope you all had a lovely weekend, Snowie sorry she got you and Mrs C, although at least you didn't have to take provera.

Bleugh, you never no it could just be a shy BFP, i guess this clomid has different effects on us all, my cycles have been shorter

Hope, sounds like you had an amazing holiday

AFM, just in the bd'g stage at the moment, going for every other day this month, got a scan on Wednesday so will see how the 100mg has worked, not really sure why he up'd my dose as i have had 2/3 follicles each month for the first three months and if there are too many they will probably say to abstain which will be very fustrating.

Got lots to occupy my mind at the moment its only 2 weeks to the Great North Run so lots of practice to get in before then xxx
  • Hi all me again!

Went for my folicle tracking scan today, first one on 100mg so was worried that there may be too many but there was only one, measuring 14mm, so hcg injection on Friday and will ovulate sat/sun

Got an appointment to go back and see consultant on 6th Oct, hoping i won't need it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi ladies

Stupid computer just crashed...I'd written a massive post and it's all gone! Grrrrr!

Bleugh - sorry to hear you're having such a fustrating time but hopefully like FC said, it's just a very shy BFP!

FC - congrats on the follicle! Exciting weekend for you! Wow, admire anyone that can do the Run - good that you've got something to keep you busy.

AFM, bd'ing starts this week and hope to ovulate next weekend, which will be our second wedding anniversary! Got next week booked off and we're off to Wales for a few nights so be nice to spend some time together and really relax!

Hope you're all well

xx
  • Hi Everyone,

Bleugh & Snowie- good luck to you both, hopefully this is your lucky month! oh and mine of course he he he

you might remember that 2 wks ago I had 4 follis and one huge cyst so i was told not to BD unprotected, which really did not go down well. I had an appointment today with the DR who I thought would re-scan me, but she didnt

She said that I did ovulate - a level of 39 which isnt gr8, but its a start. She said that I must go back down to 50 as 100mg is over stimulating me.

i was a bit worried as i only had a level of 17 but she assures me i will ov ? how i dont know?. I will go for a scan on day 9 instead of day 11 because my last 2 cycles were 26 days and then take things from there. Maybe my 21 day bloods need to be done earlier or later?

Any1 had any experience of this?

she also said that i am only allowed 3 months of clomid bcoz i am young, fit and healthy ~(her words not mine) and then i will need to start ivf. I was like flipping heck bcoz i live in Wandsworth & I would have to have treatment @ St Heliers ( which i havent heard good stories about!!) she said dont worry they will contact the PCT and ask for my funding to transferred to Guys so i can have my treatment there! I was so happy when she said that & am glad I choose to go to Guys for my initial treament.

So i guess i will need lots of PMA for the next three months.

Sorry for the essay..... going to have a nice glass of wine now.

have a good evening. xx
  • Whoop Whoop, we've booked our holiday to the Maldives!!!!!!!!! image

Great news mimi that you get to go to Guys if you need it, hopefully you won't, hope you don't mind me asking how young/old are you x
  • Hiya

FC - wow Maldives - when do you go? You lucky things - oh bet you're so excited! image

Mimi - that's great that you've definatly ovulated. My cycle is around 32 days but used to be 28 - Clomid can mess you around so maybe you've just got a shorter cycle now, hopefully the scans will show that. All PCT's seem to be different but glad you've managed to be transferred over. Enjoy your wine! image

I spoke with my fertility clinic yesterday as I've got enough Clomid for 12 cycles which didnt seem right...it's not...apparently my perscription must have been made up wrong, I'm only allowed 6 rounds. I asked what the next step would be and she said it would be Gonaltrophin (sp!) injections and IUI, which I've googled and seems to be similar to IVF but rather than combining my egg and hubbie's "swimmers" in a dish and then putting them where they need to go, they track my cycle with regular scans and blood tests and then at the point of ovulation, hubby's swimmers are inserted directly into the uterus and left to find the egg. There's no waiting list for this and the success rate seems to be fairly good so if Clomid isn't succcessful (please please let it work!!) then that would be my next option and would probably start in Jan. Bit scary but nice to know that there's a next step.

I'm off to Wales on Mon...hoping for sunshine but the break alone will be lovely - we're staying in an African hut with hot tub, underfloor heating, super king size bed and champers on arrival - can't wait!!

Have a lovely weekend

xx
  • Hello Fingers crossed, i dont mind at all. i'm 31 and other half will be 36 in October.

I'm so jealous of you, the Maldives is beautiful. Not that I have been, but a friend went for her honeymoon and said it was paradise.

i had short cycles before clomid, in fact they were irregular prior to clomid, but never more than 31 days or eralier than 26 days.

Snowie have a lovely time in Wales. Hope all you girls had a good weekend. xx