Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

trying for a clomid bump! want to join me (take 2!) :D

Replies

• Options
    Hi all,

Welcome to the newbies, hope your not having too many horrible side effects and good luck with your journies

Hiya to everyone else (sorry haven't had time to catch up with all the posts yet)

I actually unbelievably went away on my holidays with a BFP at 12dpo but unfortunately it wasn't a sticky bean and at 4wks and 4days i started to bleed image

Anyways I can take the positives from it and at least i now know it is possible and this time it just wasn't meant to be xxx
  • Options
    Hi FC, welcome back. So sorry to hear you're news hun, really hope you're OK. Yes, please take away the postives. I dont know what to say or words of comfort to give - just hope that you and your hubby are OK. xxx
  • Options
    hey i have been on one of the boards but not sure if i have been on this one well on day 17 and round 3 of the clomid
  • Options
    So sorry FC x x as someone said on your post in ttc after mc, you're supposed to be more fertile in the months after, so when you feel ready get back on the wagon as it were! Hopefully that mixed with the clomid will mean super fertility and a sticky bean - sending lots of hugs and baby dust. I completely understand how you feel.

It seems to have been really quiet on here for the last few weeks - I decided to avoid BE in the 2ww but that didn't work either, so CD1. But at least I've got a proper CD1 unlike the spotting last month - my body was sooo ready for it. I'm feeling less down than expected, the clomid must have balanced my hormones in the 2ww so I don't seem to get every symptom under the sun so can be quiet prepared for AF. Going to have accupuncture again this month for the next couple of months - fingers crossed that works again.

I'm still going to keep my BE usage down, I think I need a break for a while. So best of luck to everyone x x
  • Options
    i think i am going to OV in the next couple of days as it is the 1st time i have used OV sticks and its getting darker

sorry FC to hear your newa i had an MC in may of this year
  • Options
    Hi all, Sorry if I bring you all down now but I'm feeling very sad. 3rd month of clomid appears to have been unsuccessful. AF not here yet but I expect the progesterone pessaries are delaying it. Read that it varies between women but usually won't appear until you stop them. 3 tests say negative so won't take prog anymore and AF should come.
    I just feel so depressed as it's been exactly 2 years now and every month missed is another month bigger age gap between little girl (now 3) and baby (if I ever have another one). I know many of you will think I should be grateful for one and I am so grateful for her but I really want her to have a sibling. Friends who have a 17th mth old are about to start trying for their 2nd and I'll bet they fall before me and it upsets me to think about it.

Consultant is changing me from clomid to Letrozole once AF comes as the clomid shortened my cycle last time. Here's hoping this will bring some luck.

Enough about me. Sorry FC to hear your news. FC for you for next month x
  • Options
    good morning,

hope everyone is okay. Just a quick question, yesterday was day 10 and i had a little bleed, it did happen during BDing and was a bit freaked out as was boyf. i know taking clomid can cause bleeding but i never had this before. i also read on the net that bleeding can occur during ov. but should only last for a day or two. Anyone ever experienced this?
    my period was actually 28 days this month instead of the usual 26 or 27 and was quite heavy.

have a good day
  • Options
    i had spotting on one of my clomid cycles so i hope it was that
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,
    A question for you all. How are you all defining your Day1? All my AF life I counted CD1 as the first signs of AF. Then starting fertility treatments I read that CD1 is the first day you have bright red bleed. Now after 3 months of taking clomid I've just been told that if the red bleed starts after 4pm you count the next day as CD1. Surely fertility consultants should discuss this at the initial appointment!

What have you been told (if anything)?
    x
  • Options
    Hey ladies how are you all doing?

Sorry I have not been on here for ages I kinda figured with my appointment not being until November I decided not to come on here to dwell in the fact I was playing the waiting game again,

FC - sorry to hear your news but on another note that is great news now you know it can happen.

Hello to the other newbies on here.

Jan Jan yes I believe that to be correct too that if it is after 4pm the day after should be counted as CD1 however i cant see how it can really make too much of a difference.

AFM well appoint is now just under 3 days away. me and the hubby are booked to see Care Fertility for a patient information evening on 1st October just to see what they have to say and how they go about things. Then appointment is 11th November.

In the mean time I have been having accupuncture.
    On my first round of Clomid that worked I had a 30 day cycle.
    On my second that didnt work i had a 58 day cycle.
    On my third that didnt work I was in for the 58 day wait again but I had accupuncture on day 35 where she did accupuncture to get a period started and started spotting on day 37 and full flow af cd39 so all in all i was very impressed with the accupuncture that week.

Since then I have had one last week which was done hoepfully to build a lining and last night to hopefully stimulate ovulation. I am temping again to see if we can see any change.

So who knows whether accupuncture will help in the waiting game for appointment and whatever else is next. how nice would it be to get a natural BFP with accupuncture though? Although it would just be nice if we can get an average cycle going, x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join you? On 1st cycle of clomid and am currently on 10dpo.

We've ben ttc for 15 months, got pregnant on 2nd cycle but that was ectopic. Started again in January but nothing. I've been put on clomid for 3 months and if no bfp it's ivf for us.

I'm feeling a bit pants to be honest - teary, tired, nausea, heavy boobs and today have a very heavy feeling down there! Not af feeling just very heavy.

The tests we've had done show there's no reason why we're not conceiving which is positive but does make it hard to understand why it's not working.

Looking forward to getting to know you all x
  • Options
    Hi mafia princess - so sorry to hear you're having some horrible side effects, had noticed your other post about it. I've not been too bad - not felt amazing on Clomid but certainly not as bad as you seem. I know my first month was the worst, so hopefully next month will be better for you...but hopefully you won't have a next month! ??????

Mrs C - nice to see you back hun, although obviously I wish it was with BFP news! ?????? Glad acupuncture has worked for you - nice that you're cycles seem more normal than before! A natural BFP would be fantastic!

Mimi - hope you're OK. I've had little bleeds after BD'ing, especially if it's the first or second time after AF. So hopefully it's nothing - could be related to AF being heavy for you.

JanJan - hope you're feeling OK. Sorry to hear you don't think Clomid has worked this time - has AF arrived yet? Can you call your fertility clinic/doctor to discuss or have you already and thats why you're going to Letrozole? I've never taken progesterone pessaries so not sure what they do. Worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others though - I know it's easier said than done! I have a friend with a 10mth old and she's now 5mths pregnant which is really hard to hear when I don't even have one yet. But you have to look at the positives when things get hard like this - you have a lovely little girl and age gaps can be nice - there's 5 years between my cousins and it's so cute as the eldest looks out for the youngest.

AFM, 2 week wait is upon me. Don't feel much - had some weird stabbing pains and some crampy back ache feelings but similar to what I had last month. Had my CD23 blood test today - bit sore, think the nurse was tired, it was 8am! So will find out in the week if I've ovulated.

Hope you're all OK.

• Options
    i feel bloted never had it before

i am in my 2WW well my 1WW i ov'ed on the 16th of bthis month my AF should be here on the 30th (hopefully not) i am 9DPO and this is my 1st time i have known i OV'ed
  • Options
    Hi Snowie
    Thanks for your nice comments. Yes AF came (lighter than expected after using the progesterone which helps thicken lining ready for implantation). I started the Letrozole/Femara Friday and have my follicle scan next Monday evening.
    Baby Dust to all x
  • Options
    hey guys just to let you know i tested today and got a faint line so gunna wait till tuesday to retest if AF has not turned up tomorrow i am getting really bad pulling pains in my tummy and getting my headaches again
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, CD1 for me yesterday so seems my body is coming back to some kind of normality so on to month 5 of clomid

Meagnella whispering congratulations, i hear your line got darker, excellent news image

Mrs C, good to hear from you and goodluck with your forthcoming appointment

JanJan, how is the Letrozole/Femara, any side effects, (hope not!), good luck with the tracking scan on monday

Snowie, hope the 2ww is moving along fast for you hun

Welcome Mafia, how you getting on? x

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Baby dust to all xxx
  • Options
    yeah ty did another test again today last test and it came up u you can see it deef now but still abit scared as i had an MC in may so i will enjoy my PG till when ever it ment to be here till

i am sharing my baby dust with you all hope it helps
    GL all dont know if i am gunna tell anyone my O/H knows but as far as he knows hes the only one but my mum and sister know not sure if its a good thing or not that i have told them
  • Options
    Hey Peeps, I'm on CD6 and have had really funny cramp like pulling sensation in my ovary areas, on 100mg this time, just wondered if anyone else gets this so early in their cycle

xx
  • Options
    Hi there

JanJan - how did your follicle scan go?

Meagnella - congratulations!! That's excellent news - just take it easy now. It's probably good that you've told you Mum and Sister - I'd tell my family early on but I'd hold off telling anyone else until 12 weeks, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy your pregnancy!

FC - I haven't had pulling sensations that early in my cycle, I do get it from about CD12 - CD20 but assumed that was ovulation. It could be that you're on a higher dosage, might be worth doing an ovulation test maybe just in case you're ovulating early?

As for me - I've tried to forget it's my 2ww and have been OK until I checked my dates yesterday and realised that I think I might be late...my cycles are not perfect and have been 32, 31, 30, 30 days but I'm now on CD33 and not really having any AF symptoms. Although woke up in the night with a horrible pain - I've had the pains before and they're normally really severe, almost like pulling a muscle rather than cramping pains, but it fades after a few hours, but this pain is lingering abit - I'm worried it'll turn into AF dull ache pain and she'll arrive soon. But until then, I'm keeping up PMA and testing on Sat. Sorry - that's a total ramble!

Hope you're all OK and looking forward to bonfire night tomorrow....we're having parents round for hot dogs and mushy peas!

xxx
  • Options
    Uhhh Snowie it sounds so promising, fingers crossed!

Pain has stopped now, have follicle scan on monday morning, will keep you posted

xx