Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

trying for a clomid bump! want to join me (take 2!) :D

Replies

• Mafia Princess - Welcome and good luck on the clomid. What's your latest?

Meagnella - Congrats. I know it's hard not to think about the MC, I had one myself before successful pregnancy and it was hard not to be pessimistic until the scan. I do hope all goes well for you x

Snowie - Did you pass the test?

FC - FC for you image

AFM - I showed 2 mature follicles last Monday and was given trigger injection. Hoping we BD'd on the right days and FC for me. I've got a homeopathy appt this Sat to see if that helps us too so will let you all know how that goes. Would also consider acupuncture.
    xx
  • ty all for your kind words still early days at the mo my doctor has gave me an EED of 5th july but i know this to be wrong as i did not OV till day 19 so on that my EED is 9th july GL snowie hope the 2ww is not hard on you it was on me JanJan FC xx
  • Hi all

I'm very nervously posting my BFP!!! I tested Sat morning and it came up Pregnant 2-3 weeks. I completely broke down in tears and it's still not sunk in at all. I'm going to do another test this Sat to check I've progressed to 3+ weeks. Spoke with my fertility clinic and they were so happy for me - and said that as standard they do a 6wk scan, so I'm going for that next Friday. I have no symptoms, apart from being late, but am feeling "different". I've tried to work out my due date and it'll be around 10 July (so closely behind you Meagnella!) Will keep you posted, if that's OK.

FC - how did your follicle scanning go yesterday?

JanJan - that's great news about your follicles! Hope the BD'ing goes well and the homeopathy too.

xx
  • Oh wow Snowie, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you image (and hopefully i won't be too far behind), i have been logging on all weekend waiting for your news

Scan was ok two follicles, still quite small so i have to go back on Thursday, started bd'g on Friday, going for alternate days right the way through, poor hubbie will be knackered at the end of the month but we will catch this egg again.

Keep us posted and good luck with next friday image

xxx
  • Thank you so much FC - that's so sweet - really hope you wont far behind me!!

Glad your scan went well, hope those follicles grow and grow and good luck for Thurs. We BD'd every other day last month and then a couple of times after I knew I'd ovulated as well, just to be sure.

xxx
  • Congratulations Snowie! image x
    Excellent news. Seems its happening for many at the moment. I found out yesterday that my sister is 12 weeks. It is a shock as we all assumed they wouldn't have kids but I am really pleased for her. Of course a tiny bit jealous but it is their first.

Hope all goes well Thursday FC x
  • Well been for another scan this morning, the two follicles have matured so I've had trigger shot so am going to be busy bd'g tonight and over the weekend, fingers crossed everyone xx

Mrs C how did your appointment go, I'm sure it was today?

Bleugh/Mimi/Jan Jan how are things with you?

[Modified by: fingerscrossed30 on November 11, 2010 01:47 PM]

• Bad news from me I'm afraid. AF came unexpectedly early. There's me willing the days away until I could take a test this Wednesday but AF came todayimage I took a test just to check that it wasn't a 'mini-period' that some women have (even my sis said she had one) but I'm not that lucky.
    Sods law that AF has come on a Saturday so I can't get my next lot of Letrozole ready to take tomorrow so I'll have to have another month off.

On a good note, today was my homeopathy appointment. Of course I blubbed a lot during the consultation as it was on CD1 but I've really got to force myself to stop thinking about the age gap and all the what-ifs as I can't change time so I've got to be positive and hope that this alternative therapy helps me.

Hope everyone is OK. Enjoy your weekends.
  • smoie - Congratulations thats wonderful news hope all goes well at the early scan on Friday.

JanJan - sorry AF got you but going forward with the homepathy aswell things could get moving.

FC - Hope you been extremely busy all weekend BDing he he he xxx

Well had the appointment on Thursday last week and the doctor came in and apologised as the consultant was not there but she asked more questions gave her a rundown of what I had been through on the 3 cycles of clomid. Her first suggestion was to go for Gonal F injectabiles. I was thinking hmmmmm ok but surely we should check the tubes first as there is no point for the injectabiles if the eggs cant get down the tubes. So I told her the fertiliy nurse had said Ovarian drilling and lap and dye as next when the last cycle of clomid hadnt worked she said oh ok can understand that as Mr newman isnt here let me go see what the fertility nurse says is next. So off she went and came back and said I was to be added to the waiting list - now forgive me if I am wrong it was the FN in Sept who sent me away after my follicle scan saying see what the consultant said but on Thursday it was the FN who made the decision - so as much as I am now pleased something is happening I feel I have wasted 8 weeks waiting just for them to say lets put you on the waiting list.

So looks like I am going to be biding my time waiting the 12 weeks or whatever it is for the waiting time to go whilst still attending my accupuncture I guess. xxx
  • snowie, magnella congratulations - so so happy for you both! We've been waiting a while for some BFPs!

FC, hope you got loads of bding in this weekend, lots of babydust to you.

Jan Jan, so sorry about AF turning up early, grrrr.

AFM, well, I've been having a couple of months off here, it was just getting all consuming and it has helped. I've gone back to accupuncture and that made me OV early this month (day 11 according to fertility friend, but I think it was 13) but we'd only done it the once by then... so a bit gutting by the time we realised - especially when we'd booked to go to Dubai and it was coinciding with when I should have ov'd going by previous months..... But, on the positive side, I have had my FIRST 28 day cycle wohooo!

So now on CD3, had a fab weekend (bizarrely with work, but it was great!) and thinking positively....
  • Hi Ladies, can i play??

firstly, i have only skimmed through this thread but have read that there are a pregnancies to congratulate so CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, bit of background...

I'm 34 and have bad been trying for a year and a half before we fell pregnant. Unfortunately, it wasnt to be and we MC at 8 weeks. That was nearly two years ago and we have been trying since then.

We had all the tests done and my tests came back fine. Hubbys SA came back with a high count but low motility and morphology but the various doctors have said that they are not overly concerned about this because of the fact he has a high count and because hubby did manage to increase the motility and morphology with the help of zinc and selenium.

As of this tuesday, we are now officially on the IVF waiting list (though we are in Surrey and i've heard about the plans of scrapping it) and the doctor has decided to try me on Clomid. I took my first little pill today (is it normal for ovaries to start aching already?) and am booked in for a scan next friday and have absolutely no idea what happens next!!!

Have been a bit worried about taking the Clomid as I've read a few ladies complaints about the side effects but hopefully I won't suffer to much with it....

Guess its just a waiting game now!
  • Hey Daisy Duck, welcome absolutely lovely to have you in our little gang (lets hope your stay is a short one -if you know what i mean!)

I take my clomid at night which seems to stop the side effects, haven't really suffered too much with them, just felt a bit weepy every now and again but this LTTC lark can make you feel like that anyways can't it.

I'm currently on my 5th cycle of clomid, was successful on month 4 but unfortunately it ended after 5 wks

This last cycle my ovaries have ached more than normal.

I have scans, which tell you how large the follicle are, they usually like them to get to around 20mm to be mature and then I have hcg trigger shot and i'm told to bd straight away, the hcg makes u ovulate in the next 12-36 hours, not everyone on here has had hcg trigger its just a lottery.

(I don't tell hubbie when i'm having trigger because it puts too much pressure on them!):lol:

Good luck with your scan next week and please let us know how your getting on

sorry i think i have waffled on and on and on!!

xxx

[Modified by: fingerscrossed30 on November 19, 2010 02:01 PM]

• Thanks fingerscrossed30, u didnt waffle at all and in fact i found your post a great help because ive really no clue what to expect on clomid. I never thought id be put in it as my periods and ovulation are like clockwork but even tho i was a bit nervous about starting it, i think its more about the fact it will be something else that fails but oh well, if theres a chance it will work its worth the try.

Can i ask, on clomid do u ovulate the same time in the month as u normally would? I usually ovulate around day ten)
  • Daisy Duck the same as my O/H sperm but i also have PCOS so kind of had that hurdel to get over to but i got my BFP and i am 7 weeks at the min
  • Hi ladies

FC - thanks so much for your post. xx

Just wanted to let you all know that my scan went really well on Friday - saw a tiny little baby with a tiny little heartbeat - and have my first doctors appointment tonight.

JanJan - hope the homopathy is going well.

Mrs C - sorry to hear you're having to wait again, sounds like they're really messing you around.

Bleurgh - guess the BD'ing has started now!!

DaisyDuck - hope you're well, this is a lovely forum and very supportive. Hope you're finding the Clomid OK and your scan goes well on Friday.

F/C - is it 2ww for you now?

Hope you're all well and take care.

xxx
  • Hi ladies,

Well, I'm on day 5 on clomid and am bouncing off the walls!! I am quite an emotional person anyway but I literally spent the weekend bawling my eyes out (for the most ridiculously stupid things imaginable!!) It got so.bad that hubby enrolled me at the gym so I work off the aggression!! It also really makes my lower back ache and my eyesight is terrible (if its not touching my nose I can't see it).

I can't wait to take that last pill and be over with!! (Please don't tell me the worst is yet to come).

Went into work today and had to warn the boss just in case. Luckily, he's been brilliant and knows what I'm going through as he went down the ivf route and they've not long had their fourth child (2
    Via ivf, one natural and not sure about the fourth). He's been really good about letting me have time off and trust me, I've had looooads this year what with hospital appointments, lots of dentist appointments and my dads recent and sudden passing.

Anyway, enough of the warbling. How is everyone doing??
  • BTW, please ignore typing errors etc. Between my phones predictive texts which I hate and the fact I can't see what I'm doing, typing is proving to be impossible!!
  • Oh Daisy so sorry your having a tough time of it, I think the gym could work, i run and it really gives me something to focus on.

Further to your other post re success stories we have now two BFPs from this post and we had a further 2 from an old post. Have you had a look on the pregnancy after infertility forum, there are quite a few on there

Hope you feeling better soon

Snowie, yes i am on 2ww, its nearly killing me, 11dpo, ff says possibly triphasiatic chart, had a bit of watery brown cm before when i wiped (sorry tmi!), just want to hold out for a couple more days,my fingers are tightly crossed i feel so sick with nerves

xx
  • apologies for gatecrashing but I just wanted to say a massive congrats snowie! I keep an eye on how you are getting on and am always so happy to see a BFP. I'm so glad the scan went well!

sending lots of babydust xx
  • Hi all, im new on here and wanted to say hi. been to see dr today and he has given me my first lot of clomid but have to start a progersterone pill first for 14 days then start on clomid.
    apprently i have really good levels of oestrogen but practcally non existent levels of preogesterone so fingers crossed it will work. i never thought i would hear myself saying this but cant wait for a period so i know im ovulating. good luck everyone and congratulations to those successes xx