Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone help?

Hello ladies,
I don't know if I'm jumping the gun a bit by posting here, I sort of hope I am, I hope you don't mind.
I'm after some advice. I had a D&C for mmc in February. I was 9 weeks, but our baby had died at 6 weeks. Ever since my D&C my periods have been really light. They were always pretty heavy before and so they are very abnormal for me.
My GP thinks that they scraped too much out during my D&C, which is what i had thought, and having done a bit of research I'm scared that they've caused some scarring inside my uterus. She said that she didn't know if it would recover. I'm due to have a scan to measure my endometrial thickness in about 2 weeks, and then to see a gynaecologist from there.
I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to them, if they know anything about it, or even if there's any hope at the end of the tunnel? Any help would be really good.
Thank you so much
xxx

Replies

• Hello

I has a mc at 8 weeks back in may 09 and had an erpc. I too have found that after an initially 'gush' on day 1 my periods virtually disappear from day 2 now compared to a more regular spread over 4 or 5 days. I have also recently found out that one of my ovaries is Polycystic tho so not sure if this is contributing (they are still regular).

I have not mentioned this to my GP or anyone although might at out next appointment.

Good luck, sorry this is not very helpful x
  • Sorry I dont know much about this topic but just wanted to say Good Luck and I hope everythin is ok with your scan xxx
  • sorry no words of wisdom from me but is very good that ur gp has got u a scan and a gynae app to help! xx
  • I sort of demanded a scan! She's going to refer me to gynae after we get the results, but we're currently in Australia and have private health cover so it shouldn't take too long!
    I am fuming with them, I hope that everything turns out OK and that we can have a baby. If someone said to me (who could see the future...) that I would have a baby in say 2 years' time, but I had to wait till then it would be OK. It's just the not knowing that we'll be able to that is hurting so much, and the thought that perhaps we won't be able to.
    I emailed a friend of mine who is a gynae reg back in the UK, she said that it's possible that they scraped away too much, and it's "possible" it will grow back. There just doesn't seem to be much improvement so far.
    Thank you for your messages. My scan is now booked for Friday 4th June (when our in-laws are visiting - oh goodness!) which will be CD14. I'll update you as to what it shows. Please please keep your fingers crossed for me that it is OK.
    Mary xxx