Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tubes are clear! S/A not so good...

Hey Ladies, I had my hycosy today. It was not pleasant, but not too bad really. I was squirming all over the place, but the consultant said my ovaries and womb look great and I have 'textbook' tubes which were completely clear. Hurray!! After he's finished I stood up and nearly passed out!! Felt like such an idiot. It was like period pains for about 30 mins but all ok now. Glad I took my painkiller an hour before and took a pad along for the dye leakage as recommended by some of you on here!

Not so good news is that hubbie's second s/a was still not great. Oddly his count has gone from 14 million to 45 million. Yay! But his motility has gone down from 49% to 10%. His morphology is still 13% normal. And there is still agglutination :\(

Bit worrying but am trying to be positive that at least I seem to be ok, so that's half the battle. And after kayecee's experience with s/a etc I am hoping it is not as bad as it sounds. xx

Replies

• 'Textbook' eh? Can't ask for more than that, can you? image
  • He he...yeah I was pretty chuffed TBH. Especially after he had spent quite a long time finding my left ovary and tube....I was convinced he was going to say I didn't have one! Apparently my womb is a bit tilted to the left as well, which he said was not a problem. So weird, but am really pleased I actually had all the bits there in the right place.... xx
  • Hey TBD that's great news! Textbook - you can't get better than that! Re your OH's results I don't know a lot about it yet as my DH is yet to have his SA but the count increase sounds really good and I am sure Zita West's book tells you quite a few ways for him to increase his motility. I don't know why it has dropped so much - could it be the artificalness of the test as opposed to the more enjoyable act of BDing??!!

If you don't have the book I will look it up tonight and post it for you. The doc's might be able to suggest something too though.

Good luck this month! You should have lots of PMA now!!

S xx
  • glad you got through the hycosy ok! i had to go lie down at the hospital after mine, when doc finished and i sat up she said 'ooh you look a tad pale,let's lie you down somewhere for 20 mins' haha us ladies really have alot to deal with don't we? glad all is ok with tubes (both of them lol) is oh going to have another sa?
  • Thanks sarah and glenns.

Sarah, I don't have that book but may get it soon. Gemsicles already posted the list of vitamins for me from there and we got some info from the cons about improving sperm. But hubbie not up for doing much of it as he's feeling really down, about this, his job, and me being so desperate to conceive....I do feel for him....but equally I'm like JUST DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! I had a negative morning, but am back with PMA now!

Glenns angel - He he sounds just like me! I had 3 people walking me into the quiet room to have a lie down. Think I was close to collapsing as I was hot dizzy nauseous pale and my ears were ringing and spaced out. Never passed out before so don;t really know! Cons didn't mention doing another SA but when I got home I realised that woulkd be a good idea. May give them a ring.

Cheers again you two xx
  • Hey hun,
    Great news on the tubs. I am sorry to hear that the SA results didn't improve.
    I am sorry I can't be much help, but I have heard acupuncture for men is quite good?! It may be worth a shot??
    xxx
  • Thanks Rachie, yes I thought about acupuncture....defo worth a shot in my opinion but not sure hubbie is 'there' yet....he still thinks we 'just need to relax and it will happen'! Thanks hon xx
  • Good news for you tbd! Sorry to hear about hubby's SA results though. I might be wrong, but I was told that they need to do 3 SA's to get an overall average? Given that your hubby's two samples were so wildly different in terms of count and motility it is probably worth mentioning and perhaps asking if they would recommend he does one more. x

• Thanks Angel, it was such a relief to hear about my tubes as I had chlamydia yrs ago and was told I may not be able to have a children by a v insensitive doctor. So I'm all clear! I had also thought a third s/a may be a good idea but think I'll wait til our appt with cons in sep as we need a break from tests for abit. All the abstinence involved is not great for TTC! And so hard to take mind off it when constantly booking tests in. Am TRYING to relax about it but finding it v difficult. Thanks again hon xx