Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clinics / GP's are driving me mad!!

I have just come off the phone with my husbands GP surgery AGAIN!

The fertility clinic have had his SA results for almost 2 weeks now, I spoke to someone on the day that they were typing up the notes! But no one will give us the results!!

The Fert Clinic were initially going to fax them, if I phoned the Drs and asked them to request it. This I did. No results.

The Drs staff said to leave it with them and they would do some investigating. 2 days later, still nothing. This included some rather important monitoring results for my hubby's diabetes-including Cholesterol, which was worrying high last October (results we did not receive until June!)

Then I went to the Drs, got their fax number, called the Clinic and gave them the no. They agreed to send them. Drs claim they never received them.

I have just had to check again with the Drs, gave them the ext and name of the fertility recepionists and asked them to call again.

Its driving me mad, I could just sit here and cry in frustration. I want to know if it is just my fertility that is compromised, which could be something we can work on, or if we are both abnormal and we only have assisted conception or a life without children. Can these people not understand the urgency?!?

Sorry for the rant, I am just so frustrated. To top it all, hubby couldn't seem to care less about his results.:x

Grrrrr!! xxxx

Replies

• My OH was exactly the same and i could only get the results from MY gynaecologist even though it was my partners sperm (of course), all i can suggest hun is keep chasing and try not to let it get you down. My OH seemed like he didn't care but actually admitted later he was tempted to put it off because he was worried of the results!!!

xx
  • I'm sooo sorry your having tough time at minute. I would so complain about how you've been messed around with, with very important results. u should get them soon though, xoxoxox
  • Sorry to hear you are having a frustrating time! My hubby had his sperm test a week ago, the fertility clinic sent the results to our GP the next day and we are yet to hear anything. It really frustrates me that other people know and we don't!!! Why does everything involve so much bloomin' waiting?!?!

Big hugs X
  • Its mad, isn't it?! We all know that they have to do the tests straight away, as you have to get it there so early. I know it takes time to get it to different departments and people are busy in the NHS, so I don't begrudge the week it took for the results to come back, but to then suggest that we wait 2 months until our appt to get told the results, when I the woman on the other end of the phone had them in her hand!

I have since had a call from my DH GP surgery and they said they have a copy of the results there for us to collect - yay!! But the silly thing is, I can go and collect them, I will just turn up and pick them up, but the hospital wouldn't send them to me. What is the point in that extra hassle of the middle man?! It seems crazy to me

Oh well, we'll have them tomorrow, so we'll find out if hubby can stay or not!! Hahaha! He's convinced I'm going to leave him if he's not u to scratch, poor love!

Night girls, thanks for all your messages, its makes it better just to vent a bit! xxx
  • hey hun, how;d you get on? we had to wait about 2 weeks too! useless and they still ahvent had the proper report - only verbal from the hosp!!! xx
  • Hey Windy!!
    How'd you get on honey? Thinking of you, xo
  • Hi All,

Well, no surprises with my DH useless GP surgery. He turned up there to pick up the results (which THEY had told me were there!) only to be told. No, no results for you!!! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!

He called me and I told him to stand there and refuse to move until they found his flippin results!!

We have them, and the wonderful man has fab swimmers. 4mls produced. Count is 130 mill/ml, motility and morphology all above WHO levels. The only thing that is abnormal seems to be the viscosity. That was medium, and should be low. Not sure what relevance that has??? Any ideas, guys?

I'm so glad we don't have any Sperm problems to deal with too, but it does feel quite crappy to know its all my fault, Oh well, must focus on the positive! Also have a very proud, cheery dh now, too!

Hope everyone else is ok today?

T x
  • Hi Windymiller,
    I share your frustrations at the moment!!! After having under gone a lap and dye last Thursday we thought we would finally start to get some answers that will put us on the path to our bfp, but sadly no......the consultant decided to give me some of the info whilst I was alone and still coming round from the aneasthetic, then when she did come back after OH requested she still only gave us some of the info and then said we would have to wait to be seen again at fertility clinic to get the rest of the info!!!! When I rang the clinic I was told we would have to wait 9 weeks for an appt.We were told that there is a slim chance of us getting a cancellation but we will have to ring the clinic EVERYDAY to ask of anyone has cancelled!!!!! I am so frustrated and upset as we were told that there is something wrong with my tubes and that we may need IVF but then she said that she couldnt really comment as she wasnt my consultant (she'd just spent 1 hr messing around with my bits!!!!).

• Oh, Lizzybuffe, that sounds horrendous! How do these people get to levels of this much responsibility without getting some guidance on common sense and empathy?!?

I keep feeling bad that I am moaning so much about using the NHS (I do have an awful guilt complex, tho!)when I'm not ill or dying, just really want a baby!! I supose someone in the NHS or similar has decided that we should be allowed fertiltity investigations on NHS, so we have a right to a compassionate and acceptable service. Besides, it doesn't cost anything to be nice, treat people with some dignity, send the odd fax when you say you are going to and file results properly!!

Rant over. I hope you get your cancellation soon, Lizzybuffe xx