Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Itching to get started. When to start testing with OPKs ???

HI Girls,

Well as you may know after the bombshell OH dropped," i dont want a baby", he then relented after a long talk & we agreed that we will try this cycle.

Now i know when taking Clomid it can give false positives on OPKs if you use them to early after finishing the tablets. Im also temping on FF as last cycle i did this i got BFP, ( may just have been coincidence).

Do any of you ladies have any tips on when to start testing?? Or have you had any experiences??

Baby dust to you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Replies

• Hi hun

I havent got a clue sorry!!

But just wanted to wish you good luck.

Im trying the SMEP this cycle so just lots of bd'ing & hope that will work a treat!!!

Lots of luck, & great news about sorting things out with hubby.
    xxxx
  • AWW thankyou Laujai!
    How are you hun?

Last time i got BFP i BDd on CD14 & CD16 & according to FF on temps I OVd on CD18, so yeah pehaps SMEP is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Im armed with everthing this cycle, FF, OPK, Zestica & Most important HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Im ok thanks hun, im excited just as you are about this cycle LOL im brimming with PMA & cant wait to get started.

Also armed with everything as well!!

Here's wishing us both lots & lots of luck for a sticky BFP then we can keep each other company in pg!!!

xxxx
  • Hey PS,
    I am going to follow the SMEP this cycle too.
    If you take your Clomid days 3-7 you should start on the OPK's on day 10 and do them every day until you get a positive!
    Here's hoping it works.
    xxx
  • When to do the opks depends on the length of your cycle. My cycle is usually 28 days and I usually start poas around cd10. Really hope it works and you get your bfp xx