Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Angry @ Nurse

Well ladies...

I went to the surgery today for my rubella vaccine that i got told i needed as I wasnt immune.

When the nurse called me in (one ive never saw before)... she asked "and what are you here for?"
Well I kinda thought she would know this... and i read on the comp screen RUBELLA vaccine... so she did know... anyway....
she then went away to collect the vaccine, which took over 5 mins.... she then came back and asked If i was pregnant.... I explained that i defo wasnt and that i had AF last week, she said she wouldnt give me the vaccine unless i had AF!! ..... by this time there was steam coming out of my ears (no one had explained this to me, I had taken time off work).... I then explained that there was no way i could be pregnant... she then turned around and was snippy and said how do u know for 100%... I explained that i have my HSG next week and we have been using contraception since AF.
She then askeed if I would be willing to come back when i had AF next..... I was really annoyed by this time and said that if i didnt get it today i wouldnt be back...

She eventually agreed to give it to me... but i was so close to just getting up and walking out!

am i being really unreasonable here..?...... I think it was more her manner than anything... Grrrrr
She really got my back up!!

xx