Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My partner might be sterile...

Hi ladies.. i don’t know if anyone read my last post where I asked if i had implantation bleeding or if it was thtush... well, my partner’s got thrush as well and today he went to the doctor for a checkup, and he said that he could have varicocele, which causes sterility. I couldn’t believe it. He’s going to do some other checkups to see if that’s the case, but i don’t even want to think about it. I’ve always wanted to be a mum, since when I remember I always dreamt about being pregnant and having children.. and since when I met him I always imagine me and him as a family, our little children with curly blonde hair and blue eyes, with his eyes and my hair and now I can’t even explain how I’m feeling knowing it probably will never happen. I know there are other ways to have a child, but knowing that it won’t be our own baby kills me inside. I’m sorry for this meltdown but I don’t know who I can talk to about this..

Replies

• Aww hun..i can't imagine how you're feeling! What a complete shock that must of been for you both! Hopefully this isn't the case with your husband and tests come back all clear! Try to keep your head up and be each others support as he no doubt is feeling awful aswel. Thinking of you both 
    Xx
  • @Giugiu82 that is really hard news to deal with but the positive is that it’s being investigated now. There is still a chance you can have children. Depending on the results and if any sperm is there, they can retrieve it from inside even if he doesn’t produce it in his ejaculate. 
    I’m not sure on your exact situation but investigations are good and try and remain positive until you get the results.