Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Good luck today J-Jenko!!

best of luck for the 'Kids' being put back or tucking them up as snow babies!!! xxxx

P.s hope i got the day right & What was happening but i had an overwhelming urge to wish u good luck!! xxxx

Replies

• Ditto Jenko - fingers crossed for the "kids" or should that be the rugby team!

xxx
  • You are spot on thank you girls that means so much. Either way we have options and you above all people know how much that means. We have 3 blastocysts and maybe one other that will contiue to grow.
    Will just have to wait and see what happens this afternoon
    Thank you soooooo much
  • *sending big growing thoughts to jenko kiddies*
    Grow babies GROW!!!
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • Firstly I wish that there was more in the popular press about the kind of people you all are. Kind and generous. I am overwhelmed about your messages of support and the fact you remembered today!! Thanks Lilac. Am having a tear

We had two important decisions to make -

Item one: my impression of Mr Stay Puft the marshmallow man (from Ghostbusters) owing to OHSS. My abdomen is full of fluid but my blood results were all fine. So we were allowed green status for embryo transfer

After speaking to the consultant and embryologist we had to consider whether to tranfer any embryos as there is still a risk to me of developing severe OHSS, if we got a BFP, which is no picnic.

Item two: one or two blastocysts?? As I am 39 - A hot topic for most couples

It was all very serious and hubbie and I asked for a moment to decide. Making a decision with people listening is SO different to saying what you think alone.

We were laughing like irresponsible children - I was on the trolley in stirrups too... when I said shall we do paper scissors stone. image

We decided to go for one embryo YAYYYYYYYYY

We saw all the photos of our 16 embryos blastocysts which was fascinating - I couldn't help myself I am a scientist

So we have embryo/ blasto number sixteen on board and fingers crossed for testing on feb 7th which was the date the clinic specified.
    Hubbie was chuckling as he knows I have 40 inexpensive tests from access diagnostics and have been tracking the HCG peak from the trigger injection and watching it go away... hee heee then if I get a faint early line I know it is from Number 16

There will be two or maybe three blastos to make into snow babies - we will find out tomorrow.

You are all truely lovely and I wish you all the best of luck in the world for your hearts desire.
  • Oh Mrs Jenko I am so pleased for you and have absolutely everything crossed for your little blastocyst. Good luck honey.xxxxxx
  • Good luck xxxx
  • wishing Embryo No.16 a safe journey! Lots and lots of luck! xx
  • WWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! imageimageimageimage

Fantastic news honey!! This is the one i can feel it Lucky 16!!!!

Got everything crossed for you for the 7th feb for that magical BFP!!!

Sweet dreams snow babyenkos :\) !!!
    xxxxxxxxxxx

[Modified by: lilac* on January 27, 2009 08:45 PM]

• OH WOW WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY. It seems to be a day of good news with SLOW as well. Bring on the 7th Feb!!!!!! It's my birthday on 11th so I'll send you some early birthday luck see if that helps!!!

You know if this all works out you should so look up what 16 is in other languages if your lucky enough to get a good name for it you could use it LOL!!!!!

• I am so glad everything went well! Lucky No 16 is going to be good for you image
  • Were all praying lucky number 16 gives you a bfp!!
    xx
  • Good luck hun! Keeping fingers crossed that your little one turns out to be a sweet 16 image
    lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Goodluck JJ, I hope the time goes quickly for you and you get the BFP u deserve xxx
  • OOooo JENKO - BRILLIANT! *runs around the office squealing*.... I am sending you lots of STICKY postive thoughts for number 16 (1st of the rubgy team) and lots of lovely snowy sleepy thoughts for the rest of the rugby team in waiting.

Now you Mrs - rest up, take it wasy and think positive.

Be definitely thinking of you on the 7th (in between being bored of day time TV whilst recouperating from the cyst removal!)

xxxx
  • Hi J-Jenko!
    I am really so so so pleased that you have managed to see the treatment through to transfer! Congratulations on that firstly!!!
    ((OMG - did I read correctly?? you had 16(!!!) blasts??? that's amazing!!!!!!!))
    I Hope that number 16 becomes your new lucky numberimage
    Best Wishes! Get plenty of rest!
    LizzieKxx
  • I can't believe I've only just seen this! J-Jenko, what fantastic news and how unbelievably exciting!!! I bet it feels so strange. I don't think I'd know whether to wrap myself in cotton wool or try to carry on as normal so that the 2 weeks didn't drag too much! So, so, so much luck for your BFP! Come on number 16!!

• Girls another huge thank you
    Is like having your cyber chums sat on the desk. You have been so lovely all the way through asking and checking. You are all making me smile and feel a bit teary still.

Thanks Lilac,
    Mrs Jules - hope the cystectomy and recovery goes so well will check around the seventh,
    Hjanea, Mrs Bambino,
    Moonbean Hope you have wonderful birthday checked what no 16 is in welsh 'un degchwech' - hope you have wonderful birthday on the 7th and a BFP for a special treat.
    Mrs Amanda - am still checking...
    Gypsy, Bluebird - nice to see you again !!, Porky, daisy and LizzieK

Lizzie we had 30 eggs and of the 23 that fertilised we got 16 embryos at day 3 but despite three other blastos, only one went into storage. Which was a little sad but delighted that we had a chance at all

Big kisses all