Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

hiya a newbie

hi to you all. gosh im glad iv found this site! can anyone tell me wat to expect from my first infertility clinic?? my first app is on fri.. peein ma pants xx:cry:

Replies

• Welcome Pavs...

To prepare i made a note of my last 6 AF's, dates and durations of any previous MC's, dates of any related operations i had, list of tablets i was taking (prenatal, angus catus, iron, evening primrose etc) and the dosages....

They went through my history then my DH history.

I was weighed and my height was noted.

This was all done by a medical student, then we went in to see the Cons.

After seeing the notes and having a very brief chat, he arranged of DH to do his SA and i was referred to have my OV (day21) bloods, and HSG scan.

We arranged for an appointment in 3mths time to get the results..

All in all, nothing really scary at that this.
    Be prepared for lots of questions... it helped as i wrote all the stuff down before hand, so half way through i just gave my notebook to the medical student to copy :lol:

Ask questions... and make sure your OH comes with you - 2 ears are better than 1!!

Let us know how it goes on Friday!! xx
  • thanks so much for the info.. its nice to chat, o/h is sitting sighing cos iv been on line all night.. oops!! keep you posted xx
  • :lol: you best go then...
    Best of luck on Friday x
  • Hi pavs and welcome to the site, my first appointment was chats and history of cycles etc then weight and height checks i also had internal swabs for various things (just like a smear really) i then had to wait a couple of weeks for an appointment for a scan. It was all really quick and good service really. Wish u luck for your appointment. Sxx
  • hello Pavs
    As above really although I was under gynaecologist for previous and on going problem so our questions were limited as she had already made it clear to come back for infertility problems. This time Mr Jenko was with me so he had another SA on top of the one the GP asked for and I was referred for a tube check too.

All the very very best for your appointment