Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Provera

Hi,
I have taken a weeks dose of provera as my period has seemed to have gone missing for 3 months now. I saw the nurse last week and got a weeks course of provera so I can move onto the next step of ovulation injections. But I can't start taking them until day 2 of my period. However provera has not seemed to have worked???
Has any one else had this problem??
It is the one time I really want my period to show its face and it is misbehaving!!!!!
xxx

Replies

• Hi ya

Yes I had the exact same problem, I took the first dose and my doctor instructed me to wait as it can take up to 2 weeks.
    2 weeks passed and my af was still awol so my doctor gave me another dose, 3 days after the tablets were finished my af arrived.

Hope this helps and good luck xx
  • Ah thanks Loobylou! I will wait until next week and then ring the hospital if it does not appear...
    xx
  • I had this problem. I think it was something like 17 or 18 days after finishing the course before af arrived. I was going out of my mind.

Hope af arrives soon.