Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Friend in labour- mixed feelings & milestones

Well the title perhaps sums it up. A family member is in labour right now and 1 have my other 2 friends are pregnant.

I'm so exciting for any word of how she's getting on and can't wait to see her and the baby and fund out whether it's a boy or girl. I'm going shopping for outfits as soon as I know. But the problem us I just can't stop bursting into tears. Feel very weepy and my husband is getting ratty with me because I'm mood swinging at the moment. I've explained that I'm so happy for her but I've known for the last 9 months that this time would be hard.

My relative knows I'm trying and has been lovely. The way I tend to deal with my pcos/noaf and infertility is to throw myself into my friends' pregnancies and I'm so bubbly and excited when I'm with them but then I get home and reality hits that I'm miles behind them and I just feel empty.

I know it's stupid but when I found out about each if my friend's pregnancies I kind if promised myself or reassured myself that I would also be pregnant by the time the baby arrived and if not I would be having af's. I set myself stupid targets to try and make me look forward and bd postivive but then I just feel like a failure!

I've been on met for 2 months or so now and still haven't had an af- I go back to the consultant in a month and she is likely to be giving me clomid or ov drilling. In the meantime I think I'm going to try reflexology or reiki this week but I'm frightened about being a big teary mess at the appointment.

I'm so sorry for such a low and negative post but needed to get all these mixed feelings of my chest. This us the first baby to be born since I've been ttc so any tips on coping would be great. Love to you all xxx

Replies